Linked Events

• 14th Tennessee Classic: April 29, 2011 - May 01, 2011

Author Topic: 14TH Tennessee Classic  (Read 145625 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: 14TH Tennessee Classic
« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2011, 03:09:19 pm »
empty coke bottle! :)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2011, 03:24:39 pm »
El D:  Bringing young Josiah Huston to the Classic.  Usually stop off in Nebraska to hunt turkeys, but this year we will probably just try to come on through.  He is too young to drive, but am going to enter him into some of the shooting and put my money on him!  Hope Frank is going to have another bow making session as that would be something Josiah could do!  Pappy is making more room in the Pit, so maybe I can show them how to snap points into!  If his mother, Stacey, knew about the tide last year she would surely advise a life jacket for him or at least a snorkel!  Still thinking about you!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #137 on: February 21, 2011, 04:14:31 pm »
Patrick....you'll get plenty of Rest Stops......every time I stop for Gas...... >:D....that's the way my Boys were raised....if ya gotta go or not....I'm not shopping again....poor kids..

And Joe......you are always in my thoughts....as I wander my lease looking at all the wildlife...wishing I was in the  mountains..:..
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2011, 07:19:37 am »
Thats the way I travel EL. I was lucky because my son Beau likes to travel the same way,now Miss Joanie is a different story. ;) :) I usually set it at about 80 and rock. :) Can't wait to see you guys. :) I got to try and get in a little shooting early in the week this year.We got the practice range up Sat so by the time yall get there is should be finished up nice. :) 
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2011, 09:57:03 am »
I can't wait...I just hope Murphy's Law don't happen like it did last Year...man that was an On Again...Off Again mess last year...and since I switched Jobs now...and only been here for 5 months...I would hate to give these People an Ultimatum like I did for the Classic last year!! Judy might not like it too much if She had to support me for getting run off to go play in the Hills..... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #140 on: February 25, 2011, 08:10:33 am »
You just have to tell them ,We just can't do without you,I am sure they will understand. ;) :) :)
I am getting emails from a lot of folks that haven't been before and planing on it this year.Should
be another good one. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #141 on: February 26, 2011, 06:21:06 pm »
El D:  Bringing young Josiah Huston to the Classic.  Usually stop off in Nebraska to hunt turkeys, but this year we will probably just try to come on through.  He is too young to drive, but am going to enter him into some of the shooting and put my money on him!  Hope Frank is going to have another bow making session as that would be something Josiah could do!  Pappy is making more room in the Pit, so maybe I can show them how to snap points into!  If his mother, Stacey, knew about the tide last year she would surely advise a life jacket for him or at least a snorkel!  Still thinking about you!  Joe
. Josiah is a good shooter we shot some gar together when they were In Texas I'm exited to see him again and to meet you wolf watcher I finally figured put my way to the classic incomtax came in and we payed the car  off with some left over so I get to fly Woot. When you talk to him again ask hin if he ever got a cast net if he didn't let me know il bring one for him Ttyl

Sterling
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline sailordad

« Reply #142 on: February 26, 2011, 08:41:44 pm »
well its about a 12 hour drive fo the wife and i
potty breaks,well were like you Mike
when we get gas,we go potty  ;)
hope gas prices dont hit that $5 mark like they are talking
if it does then we need to bring the car adn not the truck
which means alot of things get left home,and i dont get to bring anything back
like rock and wood,you know living supplies
wife and i have been talking
and i am pretty sure she wants to either tent it
and IF it rains,then we will sleep in the truck
well that too depends on gas prices

Pappy, i am working up a little something soemthing for you as a surprise too  ;D

cant wait to meet/see ya'll
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #143 on: February 26, 2011, 11:25:06 pm »
Hope you can come itl be my first time to go and I'd love to meet as many of y'all as I can  ;D
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #144 on: February 27, 2011, 01:23:17 pm »
Would there be any value in those planning on coming listing what type of rock , wood or items of interest they intend on trading or selling and what they may be interested in trading for. Might even help to know who to look for when you get there and what to bring for trade......or not.
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #145 on: February 27, 2011, 01:37:36 pm »
Sky-->:  Looking forward to meeting and talking to about huntin in Texas!                                                                                                                     I try to tell everyone what I want to trade and some of what I have to trade and that seems to work OK.  Hope Eddie the Mullet will bring some more coral and Chris always has some great stuff.  A/Ho Pokie 
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2011, 01:58:21 pm »
OK....just heard from Da Yooper.....him and Barb are.definitely coming...
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline aznboi3644

« Reply #147 on: February 27, 2011, 03:09:21 pm »
just looked up the driving time for this trip for me...only 2.5 hours.

I'll be sure to be there...hope to meet all you guys soon and learn a thing or two about stick bows and shooting sticks.

Could I get help on gluing up a r/d laminate at the classic?  I've never done anything of the like

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #148 on: February 27, 2011, 03:39:33 pm »
David Knight is going to have a Bow Building Seminar on laminated Bows on Wednesday or Thursday before the Classic starts....might call Him to make sure though...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 04:16:20 pm by El Destructo »
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #149 on: February 27, 2011, 11:46:38 pm »
OK....just heard from Da Yooper.....him and Barb are.definitely coming...

Dana told Me that Him and Barb will be there some time Thursday before the Classic...after a stop at mammoth Caves on the way down....
2024...We Will Overcome