Author Topic: trail hikers--pacific crest trail  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Blacktail

trail hikers--pacific crest trail
« on: January 23, 2011, 01:26:13 pm »
how many people go hiking on trails?..i have all ways wanted to do some hiking on the pacific crest or even do a hunt and hiking trip..the pacific crest trail is 2,650 miles i think and goes from Canada to new Mexico...that would be a long hike for me..but maybe when i move back to central Oregon in a few weeks i could do some of it this summer and try to get to know it a little at a time..does any one have favorite hiking spots..john

Offline Keenan

Re: trail hikers--pacific crest trail
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 01:37:44 pm »
when  you move back in a few weeks,,,,,,,,, ;D ;D ;D Yea!  ;D ;D ;D Where have ya been buddy.  Haven't seen you in a while. Lulyn and I love the PCT system.  There are miles and miles of prestine snow melt lakes.  Great hiking but you got to time it right or it can be miserable with mosquitoes. early in spring or after a few frosty mornings and it's not to bad. Come by when you get back over here and I'll show you some of our favorite spots.

Offline Blacktail

Re: trail hikers--pacific crest trail
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 08:18:03 pm »
i thought that would put a smile on your face...that sound great about pct...i have all ways wanted to check out some of that area..i forgot about the mosquitoes...just have to plan it right like you said..john