Author Topic: 2011 IBO Traditional World Champs promotional video  (Read 5586 times)

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
2011 IBO Traditional World Champs promotional video
« on: January 12, 2011, 01:13:40 pm »
Hope you enjoy.  Just click on the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4Sm4OiKffg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: 2011 IBO Traditional World Champs promotional video
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 06:13:11 am »
Thanks Jimmy,that was great. Most of these folks here have never seen TwinOaks Dry. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 07:32:35 am »
You've got a great point there.   ;D

Offline BearG

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 09:51:00 am »
To cool Jimmy
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 10:04:53 am »
Hey, I just MapQuested it and it's only 10+ hours up there from Dallas.  Maybe if I can get a get another Texas guy to go with me I'll try to make it up there this year.  Looks like a good time.  I shot a glass longbow in an IBO world shoot several years ago in West Virginia when my daughter was shooting compounds competitively.  I shot terrible but it was great fun.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Jesse

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 01:43:03 pm »
I'm gonna try and make it this year. I like watching the high level of competition.  Thats when someone that shoots good on a normal day" like me" just falls apart under the pressure ;D"
Just shooting in our state championship my heart starts racing when its my turn. Good hunting practice ;D
Nice video Jimmy
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline John K

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 02:52:52 pm »
Hey Jesse, if you got room pick me up on your way through !

Great video !
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 04:01:41 pm »
George - you must have shot the Snowshoe, WV shoot - 2006 I think right?  That is a beautiful shoot.  New York hosts that particular shoot now.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 05:08:12 pm »
It could have been Snowshoe, but it was much earlier, 1994.  I'll have to go back and see if we have that info anywhere.  Our daughter was 12 and still shooting cub class in IBO.  I only shot to have something to do while I was there.  As I recall there were just under 50 shooters in traditional.  Arrows had to be wood, points had to weigh at least 125gr.  The shots were much longer than I'd practiced and I was shooting very heavy douglas fir arrows I'd turned.  I did really poorly.  There were a couple primitive shooters there I shot with.  They checked our equipment as we left the course on the final day and my points were underweight (110 gr).  I had bought 125s, but never weighed them, so I got disqualified, which only moved me slightly down on the standings.  We were really there for Laura and she placed in the middle of the cub class, the 12th place girl.  Interestingly, she made a friend shooting that weekend that she still corresponds with occasionally, though neither shoot any more.  Anyway, the only picture I have of that shoot up on the web server is this one, taken on the practice range.   Forgive me, she has a Darton compound and my bow is a fiberglass/maple/purpleheart longbow I made.  This is a year or 2 before I took the selfbow class with John Strunk and began making all wood bows.  How I miss those days of always having an enthusiastic shooting partner.  I wouldn't trade those memories for anything.  Taking your kids to an IBO world shoot is really a big deal to them and will make memories that last a lifetime.

George

EDIT: I made the picture a URL, it just seemed wrong to have that compound bow so prominent.  Sorry.

http://72.64.80.21/gks-pictures/ibo_worlds.jpg
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 09:13:26 pm by gstoneberg »
St Paul, TX

Offline joanieb

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 08:58:59 pm »
Thanks Jimmy for posting the video. It is amazing how many people from Tennessee can't believe this is taking place in Clarksville.
We look forward to seeing all the archers from last year as well as meeting all the new ones who come in 2011. Mark and I made lot's of memories from the new friends we met last year and I know we will make more this year. Thanks again for all your kind words about Twin Oaks Bowhunters .....

Offline RG

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 10:13:26 pm »
Great job Jimmy thanks for sharing

Ron

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 10:29:38 am »
Cool Video.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 11:39:28 am »
Good job, Jimmy. I also liked your video on the Tennessee Classic. Hope to see you and all the Twin Oak boys soon.    B Dan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 03:00:00 pm »
Thanks Jimmy,that was great. Most of these folks here have never seen TwinOaks Dry. :) :)
   Pappy

LOL yeah.  ;) Cool video!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln