Author Topic: Wild Boar Hunting with Air Pistol  (Read 9125 times)

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
Re: Wild Boar Hunting with Air Pistol
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 09:35:44 pm »
Does everyone else know where Nomadic Pirate is located except me?  He keeps talking about hunting being limited over here and no one is asking where over here is.
Aim Small...Hit Small

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 05:53:12 pm »
oh i c now.  sorry still gettn used to the layout of PA.  i didnt bother reading more than a few posts after my first either.  just seemed like nomadic pirate ignored the question.  i was just curious anyway.
Aim Small...Hit Small

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 04:53:04 am »
Git er done Manny. I like your hunting posts as well. I also like your quote " you only get one chance per day". If I had taken that approach I would have scored a whitetail this year, which I did'nt.  Danny

Yep, today i was hunting and a nice saw came in, pretty early in the day, she never gave me a shot allways facing directly away, than the wind swirled and I got busted, I thought, well, it's still early something else will come along,...wrong  :D,  that was my one chance for the day  ;) ;)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 04:54:39 am »
LOL, cherokee, if you ask a question, you better than read all the following posts  :D :D :D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 11:46:14 am »
I asked you directly so expectd the answer from you so i just skimmed your posts looking for the answer.  but its fine im not worried about it, it was my fault for not seeing it.
Aim Small...Hit Small

Offline stickbender

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2011, 04:03:32 am »

Nice little piggy, Manny.  Do you bar b que them, or pit cook them, or oven cook em?

Wayne

Offline stickbender

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2011, 04:28:42 am »

Manny, I see the island is covered with invasive Australian Pine, or Brazilian oak, or any number of other names, since Australian pine is a misnomer, as Australia has no native pines, just imports for timber, and paper.  But have you ever attempted a quickie bow out of it?  Steve Parnell came over to Eddies, last week, and he had one he had made out of it, and I was impressed, enough, that I just might go cut some.  I always thought it too brittle.  It is supposed to be in the Hickory family, as I was once told a long time ago.
I know it will rot pretty quickly in the outdoors.  But it was just a sapling bow, and very snappy.  ;)

Wayne

Offline jeffhalfrack

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2011, 11:33:45 am »
  Cool  stuf Manny!    btw   the guys on  the  pirates  want to  hear  about  this  is  you  have  time,  thanks and keep it  comming!  JEFFW

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2011, 02:20:56 pm »
  Cool  stuf Manny!    btw   the guys on  the  pirates  want to  hear  about  this  is  you  have  time,  thanks and keep it  comming!  JEFFW

Dang, I forgot about Pirates of archery  ::) ::) >:( >:(  I gotta come and check you guys out.
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2011, 02:22:35 pm »

Manny, I see the island is covered with invasive Australian Pine, or Brazilian oak, or any number of other names, since Australian pine is a misnomer, as Australia has no native pines, just imports for timber, and paper.  But have you ever attempted a quickie bow out of it?  Steve Parnell came over to Eddies, last week, and he had one he had made out of it, and I was impressed, enough, that I just might go cut some.  I always thought it too brittle.  It is supposed to be in the Hickory family, as I was once told a long time ago.
I know it will rot pretty quickly in the outdoors.  But it was just a sapling bow, and very snappy.  ;)

Wayne

wayne, I tryed twice, both times I got huse compression fractures, but there 2 different strains, so could be that the other one works
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII