Author Topic: Cherokee replica stuff needed....  (Read 1408 times)

Offline billy

Cherokee replica stuff needed....
« on: January 05, 2011, 06:14:04 pm »
Hey guys,

I'm supposed to be doing a Native American educational demo in north GA at the end of this month for a friend.  She works at a school and we wanted to know if any of ya'll would be willing to donate some items that would be Cherokee replicas (arrows, arrowheads, baskets, etc).  If you have any Cherokee replicas laying around just collecting dust and would like to donate it, it would be greatly appreciated!

The e-mail she sent me is below, along with the address where you can send the donations.   Thanks!!

I work with boys there are 10-18 years. We are going to take 12 boys to The Oaks Mission Ranch in Tulsa OK the week of February 19th - 26th.The Oaks are Cherokee Indians and we are trying to educate our boys on the Cherokee life style and history before we go. Here are a couple of things I would like to run by you.
1. Would you be willing to donate a couple hours of your time to come up and do a demo on your bows and such and share any knowledge of the Cherokee Indian history of our area.
2. Do you think it would be OK to let the Primitive Archery forum know we are doing this mission trip and ask for any items that would have to do with the Cherokee Indian culture as donations to help teach our boys the Cherokee History and/or culture?
Please let me know your thoughts and feelings on this.

Donated items can be mailed to - Goshen Valley Boys Ranch Attn: Kelly Reaves 387 Goshen Church Way, Waleska, GA 30183

Thanks Kelly   www.goshenvalley.org  or facebook us
Marietta, Georgia

Offline Mamadough

Re: Cherokee replica stuff needed....
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 08:25:42 pm »
Thank you Billy for posting this on the forum. If anyone has any questions please feel free to message me or email me @ (mamadough@gmail.com).
We will have a couple of dates picked out for you to choose from by the end of the week. Thanks for all of your help and by the way I like your video when can we see more!!  :)