Author Topic: Question about making a scraper  (Read 1245 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Question about making a scraper
« on: January 04, 2011, 09:35:36 pm »
Could I use an old circular saw blade to make a scraper out of?  Is there a better option that is easy to get?  What would be a good thickness for a scraper?  Thanks for the help.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: Question about making a scraper
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 09:41:35 pm »
Outlaw, any piece of steal will make a scraper, as well as anything that has an edge. I mostly use old bandsaw blades but before i got those i took a pair of good scissors apart... that way you get one flat and one curved scraper. These are still my go to scrapers when i need a little more finesse
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 10:16:57 pm »
I use the scissors too.  The tip is great for wedging around knots on osage.  I was wanting to make some bigger scrapers and some rounded ones.  Thanks for the help.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 11:59:13 pm »
 $1 scissors from the Dollor Tree. So far the pair I have, have lasted 2 bows, and still ready for the next one ;D
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 02:32:41 am »
Take an old joiner/planer blade,cut a groove in a piece of hardwood,drill and secure,and you have a lifetime scraper!  dont see why a sawblade wouldnt work just as well
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does