Author Topic: More Tennesee Classic Pics  (Read 16409 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
More Tennesee Classic Pics
« on: May 07, 2007, 10:51:00 pm »
Did I mention that I had a great time and really enjoyed meeting all of you? Here goes:

OK, I'm gonna be brave and try to identify as many of the PA Mafia as I can. If I get your name wrong, I apologize in advance, but I've met so many new faces this weekend that now I'm not even sure what my own name is.  :)

L to R: Joanie, Monroe, I don't remember the guy in the orange hat's name-I don't think we were ever introduced-if you're him, let us know who you are, Tom Sawyer with his "selfbeer", The Singing Bowyer Chad is obscured behind Augie, Hillbilly (the exceptionally good looking one in the back row), Koan in the red shirt, then Ridgerunner, Jig'n'frog, Dick Bernier, Ryano, PatB, Dingleberry, Pappy, Justin Snyder, Greg B, Sarahanne, Marius (Dustybaer), Marie (Calendargirl). Whew, hope I get everybody right. If I didn't, it's all Pat's fault.

Our amazingly hospitable hosts, thank y'all so much  for inviting us down and putting up with all of us :

Our recently officially adopted new redneck, Marius, and me:

Justin and Marius:

Dick Bernier chillin' out:

Some of the gang hard at work doing what we do best-talking and eating. (The potluck supper was great, I about foundered myself on deer and turkey). That's Jonathan (Dingleberry) and me in the chairs, Justin, Calendargirl, Pat, Marius, And Sarahanne in the background:

Pat might carry your housecats off and snack on 'em, but he's also one of the most generous, selfless, big-hearted guys that I've ever met in my life. Saturday was my son Cody's 12th birthday, and what did Pat do when he found out? He  pulled out this beautiful osage bow and gave it to him for a birthday present!! Pat, the boy's feet ain't touched the ground since then-he's still walikng on air. I think you have a new disciple now, he was totally blown away! 

« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 11:19:27 pm by Hillbilly »
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: More Tennesee Classic Pics
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 10:56:19 pm »
WOW!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 11:11:24 pm »
I believe you identified all the mugshots properly, got a lot more than I remembered too.  Great pics, and your boy got him a heck of a present.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 11:16:52 pm »
Here's a few more:

We had some great music to listen to at night from Chad (The Singing Bowyer) and many other awesome musicians and singers whose names I didn't get.

Here's me and my son Cody and Dingleberry's knees
(the rest of him was there too, you just can't see it  :) ) beatin' on rocks and whittlin' on sticks:

Here's Pat apparantly contemplating something very profound:

Splitting an ash log from Marie's yard. We busted it up and distributed some staves around, I'm interested in seeing all the bows that we make from it, so don't forget to make one and post it if you have a stave. Pat, I hauled one back for you, I'll bring it to you at Hickory.

Smoky Mountains, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 11:55:11 pm »
Great pics Steve. I think you captured the group pretty good.  I get tons of pleasure giving bows to great kids like Cody. I know he will shoot it and enjoy it. I wish someone had given me one when I was 12. Now, go make him some arrows! ;)
   Did you get any pics of Justin's truck with it's load?   That is dedication! :o      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 12:18:51 am »
Nice pictures hillbilly. I'll add a few more if you don't mind.....

The bow of the month winners left to right Pat, Hillbilly, Dick, Ryano(me) Pappy, and our newest member Greg b. Congrads Greg!
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Ryano

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 12:20:38 am »
Pappy looking over the bow I just finished.....

Offline Ryano

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 12:26:28 am »
Me and Shanon(wsm coyote) in a deep discussion about bow building....

Offline Ryano

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 12:28:18 am »
Me and Greg goofin off!

Offline Ryano

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 12:29:43 am »
Chad Jammin out.......

8up

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 02:29:38 am »
Hillbilly thats me in the orange cap. We did talk as you chipped away on saturday night. This will refresh your memory

What do you think ?

Ron

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 08:53:09 am »
Yep, I remember you now! ;D That stuff looks amazing. Never saw any rock even near that color.  Sorry, I met so many people the last few days that I'm still dazed and confused. I'll blame it on too much of Lennie's beer and Greg's plum wine  ;D Pat, no I didn't get any pics of Justin's horizontal forest, I meant to, but I got to whackin' on wedges and forgot to.. I did set my camera on his tailgate for a while, though :) Good pics, Ryan, enjoyed meeting you and shootin' the bull with you.
Smoky Mountains, NC

Dingleberry

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 09:04:03 am »
Great Pics,  I wish I was still there!  I didn't get to meet everybody from the forum but probably talked to em all at some point or another.  Can't wait till next year.  The classic got my bowbuilding juices flowing for sure.  I plan on makiin to Hickory barring a lightning strike from above. peace

Offline ber643

• Bernie Dunn's Home Page
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 09:40:54 am »
Man, that looks great. Would love to have been there to meet new friends and old ones again. Doesn't surprise me a bit that pat gave a young archer a bow. He gave one to another "younger" we know, who also happens to have the name Pat B., just because - (he claimed), " It must be yours, see, it already has your name written on it." That one turned out to be a great young feller and a worthwhile friend to all he meets.

So, Ryano, you treked all the way down to TN? Good on ya, buddy. I'll see a lot of these/those faces at Hickory, NC in about 3 more weekends some for the first time - sorry I couldn't have got to meet you too though. It would have been a distinct pleasure. (If I'd been there, I almost could have made it into that pic of "winners" there - but I was justifyably topped by Gordon F.'s great bow. Being second to him is like bathing in golden sunshine - anyway though.)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 09:51:50 am by ber643 »
"Hunters Are People Too" (My website Premise)
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC

Offline Ryano

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 10:12:32 am »
Nice to meet you as well Hillbilly!
Bernie, yep it was a 10 and half hour hour drive which I thought was far untill I heard Justin drove 28 hours or something like that....lol.
If you came that close to winning bothm with your first bow, imagine how nice the next one will be! You should come to our shoot memorial day weekend or Denton hill the last weekend in July. We go there every year, it would be a pleasure to meet you as well!