Author Topic: Very Nice Gift  (Read 1826 times)

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
Very Nice Gift
« on: December 25, 2010, 01:44:04 am »
  I got a bow this week from halfeye. Some of ya might remember the "I Beam" bow that Rich had built. I received it, along with 3 bow blanks. 2 molgs and 1 pyramid + 4 walnut backing strips ;D ;D This wasn't part of the Christmas exchange. It was just a nice gesture from a nice guy. It's hard to put into words, what kind of people are on the PA forum. I have never experienced people so giving and really not looking for anything in return :) I sent Rich some cane shafts to play with. Rich..If you do the cane as much justice as your bows, they will be works of art ;)

I strung the "I Beam" and was pulling it back a few times, and my daughter (17) looks at it and asks if she can pull it too. So I let her. She got this BIG sheepish grin on her face. I told her "don't even think about it" I told this to Rich, and said, I'm going to shoot it a few times, then put it up for the start of my collection. It will only come out again when my daughter asks if she can shoot with me ;) Thanks again Rich. I'm very greatfull ;)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 09:17:24 am by hillbilly61 »
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
Re: Very Nice Gift
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 02:31:36 am »
welcome to the best bunch of people I haave ever met. Thanks to all of them for all there support and knowledge. All I can say is pass on the kindness
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Little John

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 09:09:29 am »
Wow, Merry Christmas. A very generous bunch here.      Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline jeff halfrack

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 03:18:58 pm »
   This   is  one  heck  of  a  place!!!!!!   you  people  are  the  best!!!   JEFFW

Offline half eye

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 03:42:27 pm »
Hillbilly, Aint no use in gettin up if ya cant help out a friend......their just wood so shoot the stuff out of 'em. Merry Christmas to you and the whole bunch.
rich

Offline Keenan

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 10:47:58 pm »
Right on Half eye, That kind of spirit is what makes this site so awesome. I think anyone who has grace this site over the last few years would feel very honored to have one of your bows.  Congratulations Hillbilly,

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 11:45:51 pm »
 It wasn't 15 mins. ago that i told my daughter that the bow was hers permanatly. I got a big hug out of it ;D Things have been kind of hectic around here the last few days. But as soon as I get some daylight to take some pics. I'll put them up ;)
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2