Author Topic: Tenn Classic  (Read 42612 times)

Offline tom sawyer

Re: Tenn Classic
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2007, 05:15:59 pm »
Pappy, you gonna let SarahAnne talk about you like that?
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2007, 08:14:37 pm »
DTiller, I know the whole story, and for a premium yew stave I will gladly spill it...Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline DanaM

« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2007, 09:12:08 pm »
Dang sounds like I really missed out on this get together. Sounds like everyone had a good time
and now yer gonna keep secrets from all us poor slobs that couldn't make it. I tell ya it just ain't fair.

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline ben

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2007, 10:32:54 pm »
I had a blast up there pappy! Best time I had in a long while. Learned so much that i am still trying to soak it all in. I finished tillering that short sinewed hickory and boy will it sling an arrow. And that character osage that everyone helped me with is almost done with tillering. Absolutely beautiful place with good food and friendly people. I will definetly be back there next year. Thanks pappy,greg b,mike, and many others who gave me wisdom about bow building.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2007, 10:34:42 pm »
I should have a couple more longbows under my belt by next year and some others. I will bring a few. Hope to be pulling a 100# bow by then!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2007, 11:10:18 pm »
Ohyah!!! forgot to mention how good the Pappy burgers are, but let me tell ya, there the gift that keeps on givin! ;D :o :P
Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2007, 11:21:30 pm »
so that is what that smell was.... :o
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline jignfrog

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2007, 11:29:08 pm »
LOL
Bruner Missouri

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2007, 01:21:09 am »
Yes Marie that (Koan) is exactly what that smell was.  He almost rode in the back of the truck.  ;D
Also, don't worry about the whole story getting out.  You and I are the only ones that know or can prove anything. Everybody else is going by hearsay, and we know that is not admissible in court. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2007, 01:23:07 am »
...but, would you rather the truth or rumor! ::)    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2007, 01:45:16 am »
OK before you guys start making up stories, I will tell the truth.  The truth is there is no story.  Marie picked up my camera while I was helping on bows, and took a picture of the inside of the outhouse.  The joke was on all of you that thought there was a story.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2007, 01:48:05 am »
THat is the truth and the bummer was Pappy had just had the trucks out there to clean them.  SO I couldn't even really gross him out! Justin said "here's my camera go get some pics for me."  I thought this will be funny when he gets home.  All it did was prove that Pappy keeps a clean ship when it comes to latrines...so like I said we maybe country and barefooted but the latrines are clean...unless Koan is in there after a Pappy Burger :o
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2007, 06:18:04 am »
I think next year I will hire somebody to do what I do so I don't miss out on all the fun.Glad
yall had a good time and it sounds like everone did,Koan them Pappy burgers are something but you are right they do keep on giving,I knew you guys were in trouble when you had a couple just before leaving. ;D Yall have to admit Marie,Sara and of course Joanie and Hillbilly's wife did help spruce up the place a bit.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2007, 12:07:33 pm »
Pappy, the burgers great. I think Brian just has a weak stomach.  I ate it and never had issues. In my book, the spicier the better.  ;) Justin

SW Utah

Offline joanieb

« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2007, 12:25:24 pm »
I just wanted everyone to know that we are so proud of all the guys who came to the Tenn. Classic and made all of us feel like we did something good.  It was so much fun meeting the guys that Pappy talks about all the time ??? Putting a face with a name is fun.  I just don't understand how Primitive Archer Magazine can put out such a neat Magazine with all the folks I met. It looks like to me that everyone is having so much fun together.  How do you get any work done?  Sarah and Marie look like College Students!!
Monroe looks like the Professor. Boy, do all of you have us fooled.  I talked to a lot of folks and they said the same things.  Keep up the good work. Just remember all of you have special friends in Tennessee!!!!!