Linked Events

• Tennessee Classic: May 04, 2007
  • Tennessee Classic: May 05, 2007
  • Tennessee Classic: May 06, 2007

Author Topic: 10 Annual Tennessee Classic  (Read 168864 times)

Dustybaer

Re: 10 Annual Tennessee Classic
« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2007, 08:19:43 am »
OK, planning phase is getting hot for me now.  i just noticed i could fly in wednesday, after work or thursday morning.  which one would increase my chances of getting picked up at the nashville airport?  and, oh yeah, could somebody PLEASE pick me up?  and maybe drop me off on sunday?  PRETTY PLEASE  ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2007, 08:41:11 am »
Marie had offered to pick some up but if she can't we will get it done.If we need to do it Wend. evening would be better.The selfbow challenge starts Thurs. morning and it looks like me and Greg are going to be busy.Have you got any times yet on Wend. and sunday evening.I will ask Marie and see from there.I am off from Friday on and won't be near a comp. so we need to get it figured out before Frid. morning.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2007, 10:43:33 am »
Marius what are your options timing wise Wed. eve. and/Thurs. morn.?  You flying in Southwest?
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2007, 07:06:17 pm »
Pappy, What is the food situation at the Classic? On site venders or does the club serve food or do we bring our own?  What about water, showers etc?     Thanks   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2007, 07:29:37 pm »
What Pat, you going to start taking showers now.  ;D I was curious about food too. I kind of like to eat.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline RG

« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2007, 07:33:55 pm »
I will be leaving Nasville Wed. evening to go to the club and could pick some one up at airport Ron

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2007, 09:19:39 pm »
Justin. It doesn't bother me to go without a shower but it might offend others. ;) but food, drink and companionship I do need! ;D so a shower might be necessary.      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #127 on: April 25, 2007, 06:24:19 am »
The club will have breakfast Friday/Sunday and the consession will be open Friday around Noon/1:00
We will have food Friday night and a big pot luck Sat. night.I am sure me and Greg will have something around the fire Thursday,you may want to bring something to munch on till Friday.There are stores close by if you don't want to pack a bunch of stuff.We will have drinks there all the time.No showers but there is a nice creek,Pat if you get to bad I will take you in the cabin.Ha!!! ;D We can get or heads together and cook up something for Thursday night for all that will be there.Knothead told me to pass along ,that no one will go hungry.There is always something going on.Dustybare how about Sam Adams. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #128 on: April 25, 2007, 08:45:57 am »
I'm sure I'll do some cookin' Thursday night, I've been practicing up a lot lately. Remember the scorched osage pics? ;)

We keep a fire going right next to where all the bow-building takes place. That's where you've seen all the "Life is Good" pictures taken. We have plenty of firewood, any of yall want to bring your dutch ovens and share your creations with us...we'll be more then happy to ablige you!  Just make yourselfs at home! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #129 on: April 25, 2007, 09:28:35 am »
What Greg said. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2007, 11:50:14 am »
Got any pickin' and grinnin? do we need to arm ourselves with git-tars? Don't seem like I've been to a primitive event yet that didn't have some pickin' goin' on somewhere.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

DBernier

« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2007, 12:21:56 pm »
Pappy, I have a shower in my pop-up and as PatB and I are comming together,  ::)   he probably will be sleeping in it, over it, around it or on it.  :-\   It only holds about 30 gal. of water. Is there a hose near by to fill it up if "need" be? I don't think the "need be", but you never know about these mountain men and their showers.  :o   I also have room for Dustybear to sleep in it or if he prefers in a tent with air mattress cot etc. Usually 30 gal is sufficient for 2 or 3 showers if we do not run the water constantly. Just trying to plan ahead for these shower wimps.  ;D

Dick

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2007, 12:22:23 pm »
Got some going on Friday night and a big show Sat. night.Bring it on and you can join in.Chad
the SingingBoyer is going to do some both nights and is going to some of his new album :)We have at least a half dozen more that will join in,the more the merrier. ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2007, 01:23:21 pm »
I'll bring one, then, if I can find somewhere to put it in the truck amongst the wimmen and younguns. Dick, Pat just asked that question to make it appear like he usually bathes. ;D

It'll probably be late Friday afternoon before I can escape and get down there.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 01:27:05 pm by Hillbilly »
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: April 25, 2007, 02:32:25 pm »
Steve, Bring the Medicine Bow with you.  I'm bringing about 10 others with me.   
   Thanks for the info Pappy. Like I said, I'm not worrying about a bath for myself it the others around me I am concerned about...but if everyone else stinks, then I want to stink too!  ;D  Pat