Author Topic: Yew bow gift from Blacktail  (Read 9023 times)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: Yew bow gift from Blacktail
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2010, 11:51:37 am »
And lastly, Josh?  Nice candidate for BOM, huh?

Took the words right outta my mouth, JW!  Man this bow is fantastic.  Tiller and finish work on it are outstanding! You are a lucky man Keenan, I know I would be proud to carry that fine weapon through the woods.  :)  Nice work and great entry for November Self BOM contest.   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2010, 12:12:47 pm »
Incredibly done bow Blacktail!  I agree with Gordon, you have come a long way. (I hope one day I will produce something as nice).  Keenan to have someone think of you that highly speaks volumes to your character. Enjoy!!!  (awesome full draw pic btw).
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Parnell

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2010, 02:36:18 pm »
Like that very much.  Great bow, great post. :)
1’—>1’

Offline Keenan

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2010, 04:37:47 pm »
 John, as others have said, your skills have really come along way. I remember a while back, a thread that you had posted about "when your able to be considered a bowyer"  Well John, I've looked at a fair amount of bows over the years and I want you to know, that this bow will hold it's own with any of them out there.  I will carry it proudly.  Congratulations on such a fine accomplishment my "Bowyer"  friend.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 12:00:58 am by Keenan »

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2010, 10:03:25 pm »
wow,i am so humble right now i dont know what to say...if any person ever gets to meet keenan you will know why i made it for him...i want to thank EVERY one for the kind words it really does mean alot...KEENAN,i thank you so much for taking time out and explaning things to me about making bows..your work is a true BLESSING FROM GOD..and i cant wait to make more bows with you....thanks john

Offline Keenan

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2010, 10:22:32 pm »
John can't wait for ya to get back on this side of the mountain to scrap some more wood. We got 6" of snow last night and are supposed to be down to minus -6 tonight. Miss central Oregon yet?  ::)LOL  We are in a deep freeze right now,,,but the shop is warm,,,,,,,, ;D ;D ;D  thanks again bro sure enjoying the bow.

Offline Barrage

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2010, 10:40:03 pm »
Gorgeous bow John and a great gift.  Keenan your a lucky man to have friends like that!
Travis

Offline loefflerchuck

• www.heartwoodbows.com
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2010, 11:37:37 pm »
Beautiful finish!

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2010, 11:56:15 pm »
excellent workmanship, beautiful gesture !! hell of a bowyer !

Offline 1776J

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2010, 12:24:08 am »
How absolutely wonderful to read this story!
Thank you very much for sharing it with us.

Rekindles my faith in man,.... ;)

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2010, 02:17:33 am »
Nice bow and before my time is up I either want some yew to make a bow or I would except  a gift or trade for one.  Yew is very unique and makes a perty bow!  Great bow and what a gesture!!!  Congrats!!!

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2010, 01:46:11 pm »
And once again, this Forum shows it's qualities....We Thank people openly and generously in public, and keep the complaints private.  Most of the time people get it screwed around the other way. 

We celebrate other's victories and share each other's burdens. 

We seek out each other's hard won knowledge and never stint on sharing our own.

We appreciate the diversity of philosophies and approaches to solving problems and yet remain an uncharacteristically cohesive community.

This is what family should be.  Thank you all for sharing this Forum with me, and an especially big thank you to the staff at Primitive Archer for helping create this community.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline NTD

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2010, 02:37:12 pm »
Well said JW!  I love this place.
Nate Danforth

Offline Keenan

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2010, 04:01:31 pm »
And once again, this Forum shows it's qualities....We Thank people openly and generously in public, and keep the complaints private.  Most of the time people get it screwed around the other way. 

We celebrate other's victories and share each other's burdens. 

We seek out each other's hard won knowledge and never stint on sharing our own.

We appreciate the diversity of philosophies and approaches to solving problems and yet remain an uncharacteristically cohesive community.

This is what family should be.  Thank you all for sharing this Forum with me, and an especially big thank you to the staff at Primitive Archer for helping create this community.

Those are true words of wisdom JW  It's hearts and mindsets like yours that make this forum what it is. Thank you as well. Happy thanksgiving all

Offline Bullitt

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2010, 08:17:59 pm »
Love them sapling bows! This one is a winner for sure!

Now go hunt that bow and  share some stories with "Family"!

You both did Good!