Author Topic: not much primitive about this one, except my desire  (Read 11833 times)

Offline Hardawaypoints

not much primitive about this one, except my desire
« on: October 26, 2010, 01:19:13 am »
Hate on me if you must for posting this here.  I shot this buck with a scoped crossbow last Thursday at my lease in Granville County, N.C..  I only hunt with a crossbow because the car wreck I was in on 4-21-07 has left me unable to draw any of the bows I own. I can't even draw the recurve bow my Grandfather gave me when I was a kid 40 years ago & it only has a 40 pound pull. 

I am so happy to get back in the early Fall deer woods before the gun hunters start. I thought that part of my hunting life was over for good. 

This buck was following a doe, which lead him past my stand broadside at 20 yards.  It would have been a slam dunk shot with any bow. He piled up in 45 yards.  It is my best buck with an arrow.

Jim

Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: not much primitive about this one, except my desire
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 05:54:48 am »
I moved it here because of what it was killed with but not taking anything away from the deer or you.Nice buck.Congrats. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 08:01:10 am »
nice kill.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Cacatch

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 08:49:20 am »
That's a fine deer and I don't think anyone will be hating on you sir. Quite to the contrary. Any of us under the same circumstances would do the same. Not everyone can shoot a bow for one reason or another. Not a thing disrespectable about it.
Congratulations to ya on your fine buck!

CP

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 08:59:01 am »
I have no problem with some one like you with a legitimate disability using a cross gun. Congrats a great Deer! Maybe a primitive cross bow like some of the ones others have posted here could work for you?  ;)  ;D
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 09:16:05 am »
 Beautifull Deer, Congratulations!. I've got no problem either. I hunt with everything. If I hunt Public land during Gun Season I don't even think about bringing a bow.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

JustinNC

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 09:40:09 am »
Awesome deer. Granville Co is a producer for sure! Who cares if it aint primitive...you're hurt!

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 10:24:22 am »
That's one tall rack!  Great deer, congrats! 
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 10:50:18 am »
Very nice buck and great shot placement, Jim. Most of us are hunters and understand your situation. I have no problem with folks hunting with any method they want. I just don't think the ordinary guy should be allowed to hunt with a xbow during archery season.  Folks with disabilities have been able to hunt with xbows during archery season for a long time now and I have no problem with that.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 11:09:57 am »
Nice buck, Congratulations. As others said, very understandable and we are glad your still able to get out and enjoy hunting. nice shot! ;)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 11:50:58 am »
First off....nice Buck...and secondly...there should be mo problem anywhere on this board with a person with a disability using a Crossbow to take game during Bow Season....that's like people getting pissed at me for being able to use a 4 wheeler on Federal Land...when others have to walk or ride horses....can't help they ain't handicapped...but I would gladly trade them in a New York Minute.....once again...nice Deer.
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 12:08:07 pm »
Ditto on what everyone else said and congrats on a very fine buck!!!What you hunt with shouldnt define you.Adapting and getting back in the woods is what its all about!!You smoked that dude too great shot!! ;D ;D
Hello everyone.My name is Randy and I am addicted to THWACK!!

Southwest,VA

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 01:13:58 pm »
Man, that's a nice'un, Jim! Skyscraper rack on that one. Looks like his neck and hocks were already getting swelled up.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

HatchA

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 03:40:39 pm »
Nice kill, whatever the method :)

Offline Stoker

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 03:48:42 pm »
Very nice buck.
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano