Author Topic: Where to get snake skins?  (Read 7846 times)

Offline StanM

Where to get snake skins?
« on: April 26, 2007, 02:01:40 pm »
I just finished tillering a new bow and I want to try backing it with snake skins.  I've not done this yet and don't know where to get the skins.  Thanks,

Stan
This house is where I take my natural rest, but my home is out there, beyond the back door.   ~ Albert "Salmo" McClain, 1965

Oregon

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

Re: Where to get snake skins?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 02:06:13 pm »
 Offa Snake  :D.just kidding ! Look in Trading Post forum and post a message that u want em..good luck....bob

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 02:11:08 pm »

I think there is also a guy that advertises in PA. Forget the name, but he had prairie rattlers for $35.00 when I last bought some.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

DCM

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 02:20:08 pm »
Mike Yancey or Gary Davis.  You'll find ads in PA.  Unless you can get a privateer to swap you or sumptin'.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 02:38:37 pm »
3 rivers has em for I think $45 plus shipping of course.

danaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 02:53:08 pm »
Pine Hallow has prairie and western diamond back along with a few other kinds. They are big supporters of this forum.  http://www.pinehollowlongbows.com/products2.asp?CategoryID=3   Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline StanM

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 03:25:31 pm »
You guys rock.  Thanks,

Stan
This house is where I take my natural rest, but my home is out there, beyond the back door.   ~ Albert "Salmo" McClain, 1965

Oregon

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 11:32:00 am »
Gary at Rattlestick Bows does carry skins, but I think Mike Yancey at Pine Hollow has the best selection.  At MOJAM last year he had bull snake and python in addition to the rattlers.  Plus plenty of lengths to choose from.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 11:47:37 am »
What Lennie said.  Last time I tried to get snakes from Gary he was out. But Pine Hollow caries western diamondback, ball python, brazos river snake, bull snake, emery rat snake, prairie rattler, texas rat snake and small diamond back.  You would be hard pressed to find a better selection. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline kismet

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 02:14:15 pm »
yep, i would check out pine hollow...yancey has great stuff...at last year's mojam, brad merkle backed a bow with python skin.  that stuff was not only beautiful but TOUGH as well.  i'd say it would offer lots of protection for the back of your bow besides being really cool looking.

stan