Author Topic: The huntin' was good this weekend! ( GRAPHIC PICS )  (Read 4622 times)

Offline FlintWalker

The huntin' was good this weekend! ( GRAPHIC PICS )
« on: October 03, 2010, 04:53:37 pm »
My brother and I both shot nice does friday evening. Then on Sat. morning a buddy of mine called me pretty shaken up. He wanted me to help him find a buck he'd shot. Fortunatly, we didn't have to look far till we found him.  Great buck! He was almost in tears when we found him and I think I would be too ;D
 I went again this morning and shot another doe. Wasn't a very hard tracking job on her either. In fact, she fell in sight less than 40 yards from my truck 8)

Like Pappy says...Life Is Good (the huntin' ain't bad either) ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
Re: The huntin' was good this weekend! ( GRAPHIC PICS )
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 05:00:13 pm »
Not to bad for a guy who sits in his tree stand talking on his cell phone....lol.  Hang on a minute hear comes one...... ;D
Heck of a buck your buddie got there too.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 05:07:21 pm »
what kinda warheads your bro shootin at them things?? :o looks like he ran it down with an ax!!! way to go looks like a good weekend ;)
Hello everyone.My name is Randy and I am addicted to THWACK!!

Southwest,VA

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 05:31:41 pm »
Not to bad for a guy who sits in his tree stand talking on his cell phone....lol.  Hang on a minute hear comes one...... ;D
Heck of a buck your buddie got there too.
   ;D Gotta do something  ;D

I don't know what kind of broadaxe he uses. It's not huge, he just hit her on a hard angle.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 05:37:33 pm »
Great work Shannon.  Man, your buddy got a bruiser. That is an incredible deer by anyone's standards. 

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 06:44:52 pm »
Good Job Shannon...nice Steaks for the Freezer...Your Buddy got Him a Nice Buck there...now tell Him to lose the Training Wheels and Climb On and Ride "SOLO" next time..... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline aero86

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 08:32:09 pm »
looks good!  i saw a group of deer when i was leaving the camp site today, but no hunting this weekend.  it looks like a bassett hound in a few of those pics, or am i just wanting to see that?
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 09:55:14 pm »
That is a dang good buck....no matter what he shot it with.  That guy is one of the best shots with a bow, as anybody I know.  He hunts with a selfbow that I made him, as well as a glass longbow.  I wish I had the natural shooting talent he has is his pincky finger :D
 He'll come around. Just gotta give him a little more time ;)

Aero86, that mutt you see is "Elmer". He is a bassett and useless, but we love him. ;D 

Lombard

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 10:04:09 pm »
Good shooting. I can see why your friend was excited about his buck. It will be one to remember.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 10:19:31 pm »
Dang Shannon looks if you guys had a heck of a weekend, Can,t believe the gash on you brothers deer,looks like he used some kinda sword. That's one heck of a nice buck that your buddy got. Later Bob

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 10:30:54 pm »
  Great weekend, Guy's! Your buddies deer is a SWEET one. I want to know the name of those broadheads your brother is using, too.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 10:39:15 pm »
  Great weekend, Guy's! Your buddies deer is a SWEET one. I want to know the name of those broadheads your brother is using, too.
Shuttle T-loks ??? I think ???

Offline aero86

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 11:28:12 pm »
looks like your gonna have some extra meat, just jerk it and send it to my house.  ill pay for the shipping...

lol
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 08:18:21 am »
Nice job Shanon, Great looking buck,that's a beauty. I see now you can hit um right. ;) ;D ;D
Congrats to you and your buddy. :)   
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 11:06:47 pm »
Good shooting Shannon!  That is a great buck your buddy got also. I got out yesterday evening for the first time and didn't see a thing. I guess that's the way it goes sometime. Good luck the rest of your season.
                                                                                 David