Author Topic: knapping stuff  (Read 3578 times)

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
knapping stuff
« on: August 27, 2010, 06:09:27 pm »
If anyone is interested in a complete knapping kit, please pm me.   Here are some pictures of the kit, not showing an ishi stick that is about 2ft long made from the same white material as the white pressure flaker.  I can no longer knapp, so would rather see someone use it

Offline jthompson1995

• Parkville, MD
Re: knapping stuff
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 07:15:32 pm »
PM sent.
A man who works with his hands is a laborer, a man who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman, but a man who works with his hands, his mind and his heart is an artist. - Louis Nizer (1902-1994)

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 09:51:33 pm »
Very interested. PM sent.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline stringstretcher

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 10:15:13 pm »
All items have be spoken for.  Thanks everyone

Offline rileyconcrete

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 02:18:34 pm »
Dang just a little to late. How come you can no longer knap?

Tell
Tell Riley

Offline stringstretcher

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 05:11:28 pm »
Rileyconcrete.  Last year about this time I got a really bad virus that put infection into my left inner ear.  It has damaged the nerves on my left side to the point that my balance is questionable at any time or movement.  To put it as the doctors say, I have a twin engine airplane, one on the left and one on the right.  The one on the left is gone, notta, not even on my plane.  I basically have to learn to fly this plane with one engine, and that is tough to do.  When I hit on a piece of rock, my eyes will shake in my head to the point, without meds, that I get sick.  Having the same problem shooting my bow.  Shot for about 30 minutes Saturday a week ago, and was in bed for two days not able to walk without falling.  So, lots of things that I love doing have to go, and just do what I can when I can and how I can.  Thanks for asking.  Hope this explains a lot.