Author Topic: slightly older grizzly bandsaw  (Read 5556 times)

Offline NTD

slightly older grizzly bandsaw
« on: August 21, 2010, 07:55:31 pm »
I just came across a 10 year old 16" Grizzly bandsaw 1.5 HP.  It looks in good condition from the pictures besides a little surface rust on the table.  Any thoughts, ideas, experience with Grizzly's from 10 years ago?  16" for $125 just almost seems too good to be true...
Nate Danforth

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: slightly older grizzly bandsaw
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 09:05:44 pm »
Grizzly makes a pretty good saw, 16" is a good size also. I would buy it and work over the table with a little steel wool. You might need to buy some new cool blocks, but Grizzly is one of the best places for home owners to buy parts.  You can also buy a spray for the table that will give you a good slick surface again.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline NTD

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 10:16:55 pm »
Thanks Guys.  Scott, it is a 2 wheel.
Nate Danforth

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
    • Guerilla Chef Headquarters
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 11:31:48 pm »
Nate, it sounds like a good deal. If it needs any work, let me know. I repaired power tools for a living for ten years. I can tell you how to fix anything on it if it needs it.
Living a dream...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 12:21:38 am »
My Grizzly 14.5" bandsaw is at least 10 years old and still a good one. Grizzly has great support and parts and service. You would probably pay almost that amount for the shipping on a new saw plus the $600 for the saw. ;D  Sounds like a great deal to me.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Lombard

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 12:03:07 pm »
Sounds like a wicked good deal, with power to spare. It will be nice for re-sawing.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 12:23:52 pm »
When you've got it and tarted it up, treat yourself to a good quality blade too.
I just bougth a couple of Swedish blades 3tpi with extra set, makes a big difference.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Grunt

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 09:39:26 pm »
Goggle up Timberwolf Bandsaw blades. They last and last.