Author Topic: 1972 to 2009 deer count  (Read 1878 times)

kinkfeather

1972 to 2009 deer count
« on: August 20, 2010, 04:49:42 pm »
for 37 yrs hunting deer 44 total deer killed.22 with gun,3 with shotgun,3 with muzzleloader,16 with bow.33 does an 11 bucks.you notice i am a meat hunter.now i know that hunters stretch the truth some.when i was younger stretched a little especially when you are taking to someone thats killed twice as many as you.you just do not want to look bad.the first 2 or 3 yrs i wanted to kill a deer at any cost.i never broke the law because i was afraid to.not that i did not want to sometimes.i thought better.my mind was 80 percent on killing a deer to brag an 20 percent on the meat.now it is 50 percent on the outdoors an 50 percent on the meat.the point i am trying to get across is if you have buck fever take a asprin now the day i do not have buck fever is the day i hang it up.you can have buck fever on a doe now.hunt legal/have fun an be safe.kink

Offline sailordad

Re: 1972 to 2009 deer count
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 07:31:41 pm »
screw that buck fever(not much on deer hunting,but its good practice for spring turkey ;) )
ive got tom turkey fever
fall season starts oct 2nd here,runs thru the end of october
i get the shakes so bad with toms coming in ive dropped my frictions calls,damned near choked to death on mouth calls
dropped arrows,shot my blind numerous times
and to this day every gobble i hear gives me goose bumps and makes me giggle like a school girl  ;D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline oldgun

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 01:24:33 pm »
Hopefuly will always get buck fever, when I don't I'll quit! I've shot a buck or doe for the last 10 years and am a meat hunter!!

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 03:46:48 pm »
like you kink, ive taken a good number of deer, all for meat. last couple year i went threw some personal issues and i remember sitting in the woods, drawing down on a doe. was thinking of my exwife and missed. next deer walked by and i was drawing with anger and felt nothing. i put the bow down ,stood up, scared the deer away and stayed out of the woods till i got my head straight. the excitement is back now. cant wait for the 15th of september. peace
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 10:38:58 am »
I have taken a good number of deer also and they still excite me when I think I am fixing to get a shot.I hunt for meat,but like big horns also,If they have them that is a plus but not the deciding factor. The only thing about experience is now when I get excited I can still maintain control,hasn't always been that way.I usually get more excited after I know I have made a good shot. I tell myself that the reason you are getting excited is because you think you are going to get to take home some venison but if you don't control yourself you ant,so no need in getting to tore up till after you do what you are supposed to. Tim as far as Turkey it's about like shooting a big Chicken to me,I guess it to each there own.  ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good