Author Topic: First Colonoscopy  (Read 10412 times)

DCM4

Re: First Colonoscopy
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2010, 03:35:10 pm »
I don't think it's a stretch to say, if you are bleeding out yer... well I ain't gonna say on a family site, even just a little bit, that maybe looks a little like a bit of that tomato you ate yestidy, it ain't that.  In fact, there is no other reasonable explanation or alternative than to go to the doctor.  I had a problem, a brother who was constantly sick when we were growing up, supposed to die any minute, and frankly doctors just scared hell outa me.  In hindsight, cancer is a lot more dangerous than doctors.

Dave Berry is a riot.  Always like his stuff, but don't ever see it anymore.  Don't read the paper is why, I reckon.

Eric your last post bout yer dad lighted a little candle in my spirit that has been taking a beating lately.  Thanks for that.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2010, 04:22:31 pm »
David....Attitude and Fortitude are the Two things that have kept my Father going after both of His Bouts with Cancer...He lived through stage3 or 4 Prostrate Cancer.....only to get Bladder Cancer from the Radiation Treatments for Prostate Cancer...now He has had His Bladder and Prostrate totally removed...went through regimens of Chemo...and is supposedly on a Road to Recovery....He is a Steadfast Believer in the Theory that You can Heal Yourself with the Power of Your Will to Survive and Persevere...He will not let this or anything else take Him down without a Battle...not a Fight...

My Wife battled Colon Cancer...and is now 4 1/2 years free and clear of the Malevolent Disease that tried to take Her from Me....She looked at the Cancer as an Unwelcome Pest...and fought it Tooth and Nail...Told Me that It was just another Obstacle thrown at Her...that She would just have to Show Who was Boss...and let me tell You....She is The Boss..... ;)

I too am One of those that keeps Shirking the Proctologists Scope...and need to go and have it done...can't let Pride...or Modesty keep You from a Healthy Life....especially when You work around as many Toxic Chemicals as my Wife and I do...

I will pray for You and please keep a Positive Attitude....and hold fast to every day that You have on this Earth...for they are all so precious...

Michael
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2010, 10:41:36 pm »
 You know, I made this initial post just kinda funning at myself for being so stupid worrying about having it done. But now I'm glad I did.  If this does nothing else but give all you other old geezers a wake up call to go have it done.

And Thank you David.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?