Author Topic: First Colonoscopy  (Read 10410 times)

Offline bryan irwin

Re: First Colonoscopy
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 06:55:32 pm »
that was funny but true.
bryan irwin

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 10:53:50 am »
Come August 3rd I will be 45...  My first is not far off. :o

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline islandpiper

• "Just one more bow, OK?"
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 05:11:07 pm »
Eddie, glad you went.   I've had mine and I'm about two years out till the next one unless the new health law says i should just die instead.  Any of you other geezers who are holding off on having one.....well, don't .   Just schedule it and go.   As my Doc says, we are all going to die, but dying of colon cancer should be your last choice. 

Don't worry about the prep, it's no worse than a good case of what ever you get for drinking the wrong lake water, but harmless. 

And, in my case (and maybe Mullet's) if your friends tell you that you are FULL OF CRAP, well.....this will solve it. 

piper

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 06:32:24 pm »
 My one buddy told me not to worry about it. You just woke up afterwards, everybody is laughing at you farting and you have a loose, greasey feeling on the backside. Kind of like passing out at a Frat Party. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2010, 06:41:04 pm »
Ok, it's official.  I now feel very uneasy reading these comments.  :o
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 07:47:08 pm »
It took you this long JW ??? ;D
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2010, 08:01:58 pm »
Much like Mullet, it got to me in the "end".
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
    • Guerilla Chef Headquarters
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2010, 03:59:24 am »
Anyone remember that 1970s sci-fi movie where they shrunk a submarine and a team of doctors and injected them into this terminally ill guy's body so they could go shoot his cancer cells? Ok, you know where I'm going with this.  >:D

How about a remake, except they inject them through a colonoscopy tube?

"Alpha One, this is control. We're picking up some bogeys on our MRI scan. Check your headings and confirm location." "Roger that, Control. We're at...whazzat...OH NO! Helm, hard a'starboard! All stop! Reverse engines! Brace for impact!"

Kinda like a combo between that sci-fi movie and Titanic. Just don't ask what the "iceberg" they hit was.

And I ripped off "Alien" for the movie poster motto:

"In the lower intestine, no one can hear you scream..."
Living a dream...

Offline cracker

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010, 08:40:31 am »
OK this is officially gross. I'm tellin a mod.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2010, 09:32:34 am »
OK this is officially gross. I'm tellin a mod.

Ahhh.....Ronnie....this was started by a Mod.......... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 09:34:16 am »
Ya Eddie I had a blast at my first one, ::) :-[ thanks goodness It was clean and I don't need to go back for 10 years, O man that next year. :'(  Can't wait. ::) Glad you got it done along with a PSA blood test all you guys need to get it done when you get 50 or so if not before. :) Ya this is something to talk about the camp fire.   ;) :) Can get pretty graphic.   :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 09:53:42 am »
Had my first and last one a couple years ago ,woke up and asked the nurse how much for another shot.My wife had colon cancer at 23 years old they cut it all out no radiation.That was over 30 years ago and she still has digestion proublems,they basicly gutted her and then packed it all back in.Be thankfull for a good one
bone pile
Venice Florida

bowkee

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2010, 01:34:08 am »
I could handle the Gatorade But not the camera at both ends, oh and the Vicodin made it seem OK ;D

Offline islandpiper

• "Just one more bow, OK?"
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 09:02:55 am »
Our local Med Center is using cameras in small pill form.  Swallow, wait a day and the med. staff retrieves them.....yes, they do.   And then the camera downloads data onto a computer.  They won't replace the colonoscopy but are handy for other digestive problems I guess. 

piper

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 10:33:24 am »
I had my third a few months ago, dad had colon cancer which prompted me to have my first one at age 50. Took the killer regimen of prep junk followed by an excruciatingly painfully enema for the first and second one, new, easy on the body prep for the latest one, not bad at all.

Talking with David Mims about his cancer prompted me to have my third after procrastinating for about 7 years since my second.

Bottom line if you have any unusual bleeding GET TO A DOCTOR. My dad was bleeding and put off getting an exam for 6 months. In this time his cancer metastasized out side his colon and it took almost 2 years of chemo and radiation to make him cancer free.

David said he waited too long to get to a doc as well after he had some abnormal bleeding.