Author Topic: leaving the nest  (Read 5789 times)

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
leaving the nest
« on: June 25, 2010, 07:40:22 pm »
Well Hunter-Trapper graduated last week(YESSS!!!)and has a road trip to Alaska planned.He leaves on Monday.To Be18 and free!!!!)My parents r visiting South Dakota and he plans to meet up with them next week for a day or two-then head west to Wyoming and Montana and up thru Canada and eventually into Alaska.He,s going alone-my wife is worried-I,m jealous.No set plans-maybe work here and there and move on.I,m hoping he ends up in Alaska for the end of summer as I,ll be near Cantwell for a couple weeks in September helping out at a lodge.They sure grow up quick.have a great day-Lloyd

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
Re: leaving the nest
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 07:49:52 pm »
I did the same- except I went to Europe. I grew up more in four months than the next four years ;D wish him  good travels.
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 08:02:28 pm »
Lloyd:  Hawk and Stacey are in Texas, but if your son wants to stop by here I would be glad to have him!  Pokie
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline sailordad

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 08:07:09 pm »
he seems to be a fine young man and have a good head on his shoulders(says something about how he was brought up)
i cant say i wouldnt worry,being a parent with grown kids and all,but he will do fine.
just from what i can about him from being on here he had good teachers in life(mom,dad,mentors etc) and has good morals and ethics
he will get what he wants out of life im sure

tell him safe travels and enjoy the experiences
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 08:07:42 pm »
thanks Jeff and Wolf-Wolf I,ll let him know and thanks for the invite- I appreciate it.I,ll have him get back to ya-have a great day-Lloyd

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 08:12:40 pm »
thanks sailor dad and anyone else responding.We did our best to raise him right and although as father and son(18 year olds know it all-lol)we butt heads sometimes my wife and I hope he knows were proud of him and stand with him no matter what his endeavors are.have a great day-Lloyd

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 11:36:23 pm »
LLoyd, like sailordad said y'all brought him up right and now it is time for him to prove it for himself. You know you wish you could go along with your son but it is his time out!
  Congrats to HT for me. and BON VOYAGE!!!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Grunt

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 09:18:00 am »
Be thankful he doesn't feel the need to choose go to war to prove himself as a rite of passage. Our dominate culture does not have a ceremony or ceremonies like a lot of our NA folks do that provides the young with that rite of passage. I wish him well.

Offline John K

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 12:56:48 pm »
Good luck to you'r boy, i'm jealous !!
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Dave 55

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 01:14:27 pm »
I remember when my son was about 6 I told him some day youll leave home and get married and he said oh no dad Im never going to leave you,bout broke my heart when he left for basic at 18 but Im sure your son will do you well but its hard to see them leave.
Now is the good old days

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 04:18:37 pm »
Well im in the process of loading my truck to get ready for monday. Thanks to everyone on here. Ive learnd a lot from this site about respect and honor. and honestly my trip will be better knowing things i learned from here. This is a time for me to learn even more on my own. Defending myself, feeding myself and all the money i spend out there and on the way is earned by me working for the past 4 or 5 years or from graduation (  ;D ). My dad has a large influence on this trip too being as adventurous as he is. Thanks all. Wolf ill PM you about maybe stopping in. and thanks Dave 55 to you and your son, he is a warrior of our culture fighting for America. that was a decision i thought to make but part of me doesnt think i could deal with the rules and government all around me. I spent an hour in the doctors office yesterday and almost had to leave because of the tight quarters and the lack of "air". During my trip i plan to spend sometime in the mountains and wilderness areas i find on my way out and i learned skills to live with nature as a i go. Again thanks all who have helped me and have given respectful words. A/ho
Modern Day Tramp

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 04:40:57 pm »
Good luck!  You'll be talking about this in 20 years. :)Journal it as the details will slip on you.  Have fun!!
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 06:40:27 pm »
thanks jeff. i already got the journal book in my passenger seat  ;)
Modern Day Tramp

Offline sonny

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 05:38:53 pm »
I hope you got the camera packed as well !!

enjoy your trip.
I'm jealous.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline lowell

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 07:34:28 pm »
Best to you Huntertrapper and good luck in your ventures.  As you see I think you've upgraded to a capital H!!!! ;D

To you predatorcaller....be proud you raised him to leave you!!  It is a bittersweet moment when they leave but glad when they make it on their own!!
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!