Author Topic: South GA. Hog Hunt  (Read 6064 times)

Offline Mechslasher

South GA. Hog Hunt
« on: June 18, 2010, 09:22:57 pm »
all i can post right now is that its HOT!  will add more later, something is playing in the swamp behind me.  got to go.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: South GA. Hog Hunt
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 09:28:24 pm »
    It's hot as heck here in the mountains at 2600' so I know how hot it must be in the piny woods of South GA!   :o   If you are shooting like you were at Hickory and the pigs cooperate there will be pork on the table!  8)
   Who's there, Chris?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 03:26:44 pm »
eddie and i are hog hunting this weekend.  i let two 20 pounders  walk yesterday and eddie thought a 100 pound sow was an armaddillo and didnt shoot.  i'll let him tell that story.  we didn't see anything this morning but did pick almost a gallon of blackberrys.  will post more later.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 06:33:16 pm »
 That sow was closer to #250 and it was 3' from me and all I saw was an ear tip. It was a silver hog and I thought it was a 'dillo till it started running and then came out on the road 30 yards behind me. It was almost as long as the dirt road was wide.

But something moved Saturday night that I coud see and it's in the cooler now. ;) Chris has pictures. ;D And I don't know which was worse, the heat, humidity or the mosquitos?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 12:12:46 am »
where ya'll at eddie ?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 08:15:34 am »
Well let see some pictures and hear some stories,I figured it was hot,it sure was up here.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 11:05:08 pm »
 Ken, we were down in South Central Georgia at te Alexacarri Plantation. It is a 4 star hunting Plantation owned by Tim Beach. We have been there several times and even when we've come up empty we have had a good time.

Pappy, it was just about as hot as last July but a littlee more water and we were seeing hogs. They were skittish and pretty hard to get a stalk on them. I got spotted twice at over a hundred yards, still don't know how they saw me. But I blinded up in a small hole Saturdayafternoon to try and waylay the big "armordillo" from the day before. Just before dark some real little ones and two nice sows came by and I stuck one good. Of course you know where it ran to. It was squirting pretty good so I was pretty confident about getting it. We found it about 30 yards in the thick stuff around 10 o'clock.

I think Chris has to down size the pictures he took. We took large format pictures for an article I'm going to do,
Lakeland, Florida

Offline ken75

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 12:49:03 am »
eddie havent heard of that place , wasnt sure if yall were in my neck of the woods or east of me

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 08:28:28 am »
 Ken, it's in Abbeville on the Olmugee River.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 10:01:51 am »
Cool ,Eddie,can't wait to see the pictures and read the account.  :) I am sure yall had fun,with that bunch you couldn't help but have fun.  :)   
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 10:54:19 am »
i'm hoping to get the pics off the camera today.  having trouble finding the usb cord that goes with the camera i used. 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 03:19:31 pm »
i'm having trouble finding the usb cord that goes with the camera i used. 

Damned Modern Technology....everything is so Complicated......... :o
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline ken75

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 11:51:50 pm »
ya'll enjoy and be careful gets some snakeskins while your up here

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 09:04:35 am »
Still waiting on Pictures. ??? ???  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Brock

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 11:36:29 pm »
I was out today (took off work) removing brush, pulling mem cards from deer cameras, checking trails and such...and about melted in this heat....even though the swamp with tupelo, cypress, and oak was a little shade the dang mosquitoes were not affected by the heat.....wow!!!

Hope you all got some piggies down...and all the blood was from good sharp broadheads and not the asian tiger mosquito LOL