Author Topic: need help with pictures!  (Read 1128 times)

Offline ksbowhunter

need help with pictures!
« on: June 07, 2010, 10:19:20 pm »
Had my daughter try to post a picture of some points I knapped this weekend. (I dont know how) it wouldnt run the pics thru. Said there was to much kb for it to post.Tried another camera, and got the same thing although the kb was smaller than what it had originally said was the max. Any help would be appriciated.   Shaun

Offline billy

Re: need help with pictures!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 11:31:54 pm »
Hey Shaun,

Search google for Pixresizer.  It is a free program you can download and use it to resize your photos.  That's what I use and I LOVE it.  It works great.  Also, if you take photos just to post online, go into the camera's setting and select the lowest resolution possible.  1 megapixel is what I set my camera to whenever I am taking pics just to post online.  Even still, the pics are too big to post here in Primitive Archer's website, so I have to run them thru pixresizer and resize them just a little bit to get them below 200 kb. There is no reason to take pics at the highest resolution if they are going to be posted online.   If you take the pics at the lowest resolution, then they only need to be resized slightly, meaning the pic will be noticeably larger when viewed on the screen and provide more detail.  If you take the pic at high resolution, you have to resize it more, meaning it will be smaller when you finally post it. 

Hope that helps.....   
Marietta, Georgia

Offline ksbowhunter

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 12:15:44 am »
Will try that, and post my arrowheads. Thank you for the help.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 12:31:07 am »
As I have stated before...the easiest way that I have ever found to resize Pictures...is to just mail them to yourself...the Email Program will ask you if you want to resize them to send...just do what the Program says to do...and ther you have it...smaller pictures...and you don't have to D/L any programs...or send them to Photobucket or Village Photos or the like....just a simple way to do it...you might try it...
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome