Author Topic: D bows & BOM  (Read 25561 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: D bows & BOM
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2010, 03:48:10 pm »
I too must concur with the Masses.... I enjoy the BOM CONTEST....and would really hate to see it Die an agonizing  death....but having to post and then nominate your own Bow....is a perfect  Recipe for Disaster...jmo.... I think that Josh would make an Awesome OldBow replacement....I too was going to volunteer for it...and have been logging all  Bows ....so I could enter them in case they were forgotten....I guess I am just too  old...because I ain't too up on Change.... :P
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Parnell

« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2010, 07:29:45 pm »
I like the idea.
1’—>1’

Offline Barrage

« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2010, 09:45:23 pm »
I was going to go through and bookmark all the bows posted each month and then Email the links to Gina in one mass email each month...  I personally would love to run the contest and I would keep it exactly as Don had it.  :)  I am on here everyday anyway...  ;)   So far I have 2 selfbows and one BBI marked.  The month is still young though.

Great idea.  Go for it.  Someone who's on more or less everday keeping track as the month goes is the best way to go about it.
Travis

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2010, 09:53:24 pm »
Josh gets my vote.....but Josh, you have to do the cool collages that Oldbow did on the winning bow ;D  ;)
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Manager

« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2010, 10:46:01 pm »

Let me clarify some things with you all.  Gina is more than capable of keeping track of the bows, we have Don's notes on how he did BOM and we have spoken with him.  The reason Gina has yet to introduce herself is because Don was completing the BOM contest for May.  We only asked you to send her the bows, so that she could make sure that nothing got left out.  It was a checks and balances for us and for you all.  I had hope you all would have been supportive of her before casting any stones in her direction.

Sarah

half eye

« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2010, 10:58:28 pm »
Hey Sara,
        Good for you and bravo!!!! please consider me standing.
Rich

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2010, 11:16:45 pm »
Well then.......lets get on with it.... :P....I for one do not want to see the BOM fade Away....it is as important to me as geting my Next Issue of Primitive Archer in the Mail....you get to see everything that is being made...see all of the New Ideas you can Steal.... ;D...I would hate to see it lay down and die... I may have been jumping on the Band Wagon along with many others here...and if I was out of line...then please accept my Appologies...and any way that I....We can help to support the BOM...just ask...seriously
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Manager

« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2010, 11:24:22 pm »

It is just important to us as it is t you that BOM continue with the integrity that it has had in the past.  I think it goes along way giving her help then it does shooting her down before she even starts....

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2010, 11:57:26 pm »
I was just trying to help I'm sorry
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

GinaD

« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2010, 11:59:10 pm »
Hello Primitive Archers!

I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Gina and I am currently a proofreader for the magazine and will be taking over BOM for Don. Don has done a tremendous job with BOM so I am little more than nervous about trying to step into his shoes. I can only try by making sure that the BOM remains a competition that showcases a bowyer's talent and in doing so also educates and helps other bowyers in their endeavors.

I also wanted to let you all know that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of the articles for Primitive Archer. I think primitive archery is beautiful, interesting and a wonderful way to get back to our roots and get closer to nature. I have learned so much by being able to read all of the material for the magazine and I just hope that I can contribute by keeping BOM going strong.

Please let me know any suggestions or questions you may have regarding BOM and I will be happy to listen or help out whenever and however I can.

Thank you,
Gina

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2010, 12:17:49 am »
Thanks Gina for taking a moment and letting Us all know Whats Up....If We can Help to keep BOM going Strong...by introducing New Bowyers to the Primitive Archer World...and the BOM Contest...let Us know...there are many out there that enjoy the Contest...and even more that just like to look at all of the Eye Candy every Month....I am one that Votes every Month...but enters very seldom...I believe that the New Guys are the ones that Benefit from this...not the Guys that have won countless time...so I hope that We can keep it going where these Newbies will not feel like they don't stand a Chance of Winning...because they all have a Chance...in My Eyes
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2010, 12:27:36 am »
Welcome aboard, Gina!  I think we all share a common interest in keeping the BOM contest alive and a friendly event so if I was out of line earlier in volunteering to take it over then I sincerely apologize.  If there is anything I can do to help just ask... I am only here to try and help.   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2010, 06:15:29 am »
Welcome Gina,I feel sure you can handle the challenge.Thanks in advance. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2010, 08:54:08 am »
I feel a little responsible as I'd started this thread but didn't expect it to take off to this extent or in this direction.  Please accept my apology for any offensive actions.  Maybe it's a good thing in a way to help clear the waters.  Glad to find out who you are Gina, I'm sure you'll do a super job, PA always does well.  Looking forward to it. :)
1’—>1’

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2010, 09:48:42 am »
Hello Gina, welcome...Pappy I was only repeating numbers I read in a post I dont know how many people are actually involved with BOM.  As soon as I can get it together I will be back and I will get involved with BOM.  Between working kids and ROCKS its been tough! Oh yeah not to mention all the Knapp-ins and Pow Wows Ive been going to.  Sorry Pappy if that urked ya a bit! 

Have a good day PA

Russell H.
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill