Author Topic: Cherrys  (Read 5706 times)

Offline jbnizzle

Re: Cherrys
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 11:27:06 pm »
Hey Big we have pin and a fire cherry here in Fla. Yours look good. The ones down here will mess you up first hand experience.
can't remember for sure if I ate the pit but I had acid reflux for about a week after just a small sample. I wish we had
the climate for good cherries here in central FLA.. It is black berry season though and they sure are tasty.

J.B.
Army Drill Sergeant , you grew em now hold em up.

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2010, 09:32:54 am »
I grow a barbados cherry here in Fla.it Don't know if it's a true cherry or not but they are good .They produce a few times a year and taste alot better than those serniam cherries.
Venice Florida

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 01:08:42 pm »
Looks like a ranier to me too. Nice sweet cherry and the worms taste just as good as the rest of it. ' Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline bigcountry

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 01:23:09 am »
Well, that stinks.  After picking only a few quarts, they left as fast as they came.  Looking back at the previous years, same thing.  You have big ole red cherries for end of may and beginning of June, and end of june they are gone all dried, swiveled up.

Is that normal for cherry trees?
Westminster, MD

Offline Postman

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 07:49:01 pm »
If they don't produce every year, you might get more fruit with another type of cherry as a pollinator tree. Plenty of info on the web about what types are compatible.
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline wodpow

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 03:09:51 pm »
looks like the cherries my sister has in her yard up in Oregon. here in  Illinois we have sour cherries and I make a beer from them called cherries in the snow ale. best ale you can make in my book. 

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2010, 06:06:15 pm »
The first peoples in the Dakotas regularly used the chokecherry pits and all in their diets.  The Sioux particularly made sundried chokecherry patties from whole fruit that had been pounded in a stone mortars.  I've eaten these patties and aside from the rather gritty texture (imagine chewing tough coffee grounds) they caused no side effects.

*urp*
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.