Author Topic: Back in the saddle!  (Read 20834 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Back in the saddle!
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2010, 12:46:30 am »
Tim said he has to thin it with a belt sander.  :o   Once thinned you apply it just like snake skins.
Thanks George and gmc.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Timo

« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2010, 12:46:57 am »
Turned out real nice Pat!  You did those skins proud! ;)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2010, 01:50:40 am »
Thanks Tim. They are very cool!!!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2010, 01:56:14 am »
I love it, Pat!  You did an awesome job on it, Grip, tips, tiller, and finish work all look outstanding! I gotta get me some carp skins now... :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline PeteC

« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2010, 02:58:45 pm »
That bow turned out great Pat.The recipient ought to really like it.Good job. God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2010, 05:20:34 pm »
Nice bow Pat, I really like this one. It is almost camouflaged against that tree, like a piece of nature its self!! Those fish skins are beautiful. and a nice even bend too,exellent work!!!
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline bigcountry

« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2010, 05:31:49 pm »
What I got to understand is, how in the world do you keep the mop from getting caught up with the string? ;D
Westminster, MD

Offline karrow

« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2010, 05:34:20 pm »
great bow pat snake skins are amazing i love the grip thanks for thinking about us left handers

Offline Dane

« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2010, 06:45:48 pm »
What a beauty she is, Pat!

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2010, 10:51:09 pm »
Pat
That came out Great.  I really love the carp skins.  Not to mention the name and the cool "reversible" action.  You are back in the saddle in a big way with that one. ;)
Traverse City, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2010, 12:45:46 am »
I'm very happy with the way this bow came out. I appreciate the kind words from everyone.

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2010, 09:26:11 pm »
Pat no worries on the hide u got urself one heck of a bow.  Excellent work u did good!!!

Russell
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2010, 01:02:10 am »
Yeah Russ, I just couldn't make the leather fit right. Not the leather's fault!  ::)  I did use it for the floppy rests though so the medicine is still there! 8)

Offline kerryb

« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2010, 01:33:46 am »
great looking bow Pat,
Milan Mo

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2010, 11:10:59 pm »
  I packed Flip Flop up last week and mailed her on Saturday. :'(   Well, she arrived at her new home today, safe and sound.  ;D  Joe Weed ("Osagetree") of Ohio was the recipient. 8)   When I found out that Joe was picked I was intimidated! I've never seen Joe's work in person but a few times on TradGang and now I knew I had to come up with something special. It had also been over a year since I'd built a bow. That's why I decided to pick a difficult stave  ??? and MAKE it happen! I think I did!  Here is Joe and Flip Flop at full draw...

[attachment deleted by admin]