Author Topic: some reed hunting arrows (pics)  (Read 5896 times)

Offline comebackshane

Re: some reed hunting arrows (pics)
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2010, 05:52:11 pm »
Billy (or anybody else that uses them) how do you like the long fletches?  i know most native arrows had the long fletching way back to the nock like that.  Do you have problems with noise or do you press the feather down when you grip the arrow.  I use a leather shooting glove and it can be loud on the fletchin gif I'm not careful.  Just curious how you deal with it?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2010, 07:53:05 pm »
 Yes, goose feathers are legal. Eagle, owl, buzzard, Blue Herons, and hawks are protected. ;D ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Lombard

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2010, 08:36:43 pm »
Those look like killers.

Offline billy

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 12:48:05 am »
Hey Comebackshane,

I like the long fletches...they work really well.  However, the feathers on those reed arrows are actually kinda soft, so I really don't get a scratching noise if I rub against them.  Also, I usually just pinch the little "tail" of feather that hangs over the nock when I shoot the arrows....and it works fine. 

With my 52 -lb bow I must use larger arrows, and therefore thicker, sturdier feathers.  With those, I make sure to cut the feathers clear of the nock so I don't touch them when shooting...they make a loud "scratch" if I do, and I don't want that when I have a deer in close quarters.
Marietta, Georgia