Author Topic: Another Tiller Help  (Read 1365 times)

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
Another Tiller Help
« on: April 03, 2010, 11:34:49 pm »
 I posted the pics as I went in the build-a-longs. But b4 I start finish sanding I would like your inpute. Y'all are so open about sharing your expertise, it helped me get started in an addicting hobby. Again, as in the first couple bows I think the last 4-6" are stiff. I just don't know why I can't seem to get that end area. ??? The 1st is at 7" brace and the second is 47# @ 26"  I was trying to get 45@27 but am willing to settle for this.  26"is my draw length anyway.
 (this is my first BBO)

« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 11:47:48 pm by hillbilly61 »
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Another Tiller Help
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 12:01:32 am »
Well for one thing the Bow is not perfectly Straight in the Tillere Tree...so the Ellipse is not giving you a True Picture of the Tiller...Since I started this on this Board...there have been may that are using it as their Primary Tool for Tillering....don't!  Use this as a Tool...just like a Scraper...or a Bandsaw....and use Your Eyes to learn to see Tiller too...and if you do use the Ellipse....please make sure that the Bow is Level...you are taking your Picture from exactly in front of the Bow...not on any angle at all...and that You are at the same Height as the Bow...all these factors come into play to give you a False Reading if you are not doing them all....

I believe that this Bow looks very good....Tiller looks pretty well dead on...and there is nothing wrong with leaving the last 4-6 inches of each Limb a little Stiff...lots of People shoot for this in their Tiller...not all like a Bow that bends from Fades to Tips....good luck with the Bow Building....and remember...Have Fun with it
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Lombard

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 10:14:53 am »
Looks like a shooter.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 11:36:50 am »
Well done! Tiller is right on. Leaving the last 6 inches stiff makes for a smooth draw. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!