Author Topic: fletching glue with a jig..  (Read 4404 times)

Offline aero86

Re: fletching glue with a jig..
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 12:26:42 am »
i know, i shouldve asked before i traded!  oh well, i can probably use it for other arrows
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline sweeney3

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 11:20:19 am »
I've got a JoJan that I really like.  I can do either 3 or 4 fletch (usually 4 fletch with 4" feathers these days) and can adjust how much space between nock and feather by where I place the feather in the clamp.  Don't know anything about the Arizona.  As far as adhesive goes, pretty much what everyone else said.  I like Duco, but it's slow.  Tape works real well for the most part.  I've only ever had one peel off in flight.  Even did a couple of on-the-spot repairs on my dad's alum arrows for his compound bow with no trouble.  It's not very "primative" though, so if you're after real authenticity, it may not be the right thing.  Sure is nice and handy though.  If you're skeptical of the fletches peeling off, you can either wrap the front of the them with sinew (or dental floss ;) ) or put a small drop or Duco or super glue on them. 

Offline aero86

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 05:12:01 pm »
yeah, i got some tape.  i love it!  makes it so much easier to fletch by hand.  i know its not primitive, but neither are the field points i put on it.  i do wrap the front and rear of the fletching for more authentic look.  use superglue front and rear, then seal the wrappings.
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 10:00:16 am »
Duco