Author Topic: new quiver and a couple random questions..  (Read 6251 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: new quiver and a couple random questions..
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 04:27:21 am »

Now a magnesium bar with striker, and fishing line, (the line can also be used for snares) and small assortment of hooks, lead sinkers, etc., compass, tweezers magnifying glass combo. That should do it, for a small compartment.  Oh, and a tube or two of Carmex lip balm, and or a small bottle of hand sanitizer.  Both, will light with a spark, and the carmex will act as wax on small sticks, to get a fire going. Or a couple of small tea light candles. Speaking of which for general info, you can use deodorant, zinc oxide, petroleum jelly, neosporin, etc. to keep a flame burning for a lot longer, so you can get a good fire going, doritos, fritos, cheetos, etc. will burn like a candle, because of all the oil in them. 
                                                                                       Wayne

Offline recurve shooter

Re: new quiver and a couple random questions..
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 10:55:16 am »
ive heard the doritos thing, and that cotton balls soaked in petrolium jelly make one heck of a fire starter. man when i get home i got to look at this thread again and start filling up my pack for hunting season.  ;D
lets just shoot it