Author Topic: Classic Donation Needs Help  (Read 8726 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

Classic Donation Needs Help
« on: March 06, 2010, 10:33:56 am »
Not sure where to post this, but thought it might work here.  Shannon gave me an idea with his "fill the case with points" for a raffle for the Classic.  I want to donate a plains style bow and arrow quiver for a raffle at the classic.  Since I am not a bowyer, I wonder if anyone would donate a bow and someone else would donate some arrows for the Classic?  The quiver will be designed for a stick bow of around 60-63" end to end and will be made with an eland hide and elk or moose trimmings.  I know several fellows have mentioned they plan to donate a bow and hope one of you will offer to put it in the quiver.  I don't know how to post pictures, but the quiver is one like my own that I use for hunting horse back.  Mike Huston uses the same style quiver on all his hunts.  Here's hoping someone will help me out with this effort!  Joe
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 02:11:02 pm by Pat B »
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Classic Donation Needs Help
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 01:45:32 pm »
Joe, this is a great idea.   8)  If I had the time I'd make a bow to go with your quiver. Maybe I can make a few arrows for it. ;) I need a donation item for the Classic anyway.  A nice set from a few different PA folks should bring about a bidding war and that would be great for the Classic and Twin Oaks.
  Thanks for bringing this up.   ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline aero86

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 05:35:29 pm »
I would be up for making some bamboo arrows, but they'd just have field points on them
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Timo

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 06:11:29 pm »
Wolf watcher, The bow I was going to donate will meet the length requirements,It is a flat bow of design but it is a light weight bow,(40# @ 28")

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 07:50:08 pm »
aero:  A couple arrows would be fantastic with your name attached.  It would be best to send them to Pappy and we can put a couple of heads on them.  Thanks for the help!
Timo:  That would be a great bow and would work well in the quiver.  If you want to send it to Pappy or myself with your name on it we can get it put together with the arrows at the Classic.  Pat B said he would donate a couple of arrows also and the more arrows the better!    I will be glad to reimburse you and aero for any postage you might have.  How wide is the bow as the quiver needs to fit as it will be open at both ends?  Hawk Huston uses a tie on the bottom end to hold his bow in place, but I just it stuck it and it holds just fine.                  THANKS FOR YOUR GENEROSITY!  Joe

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 10:24:55 pm »
Joe, Tim is coming to the Classic I believe so couldn't he bring his bow with him when he comes? I don't know if aero is coming but if not he could send them on to whomever. I'll bring a couple of my hunting arrows with me. Areo, field point arrows are OK too. We all need target arrows.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Timo

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 12:58:21 am »
I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow of the bow along with some specs for size. I already have it finished and have signed it along with "TN classic 2010" It's Osage self wood with timber rattler skins on it. And yes I am going to the classic,but I can send it to you if need be.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 08:12:43 am »
Joe I'll try and get a few arrows done also, no gaurantees but will try :)
The bow is 40#@28" eh Tim? Is it center shot? or shoot off the hand? Want to try and
make some arrows that are spined decently :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline aero86

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 09:43:35 am »
This works out well for me cause I've got a bunch of shafts that are a lower weight.  Ill make some about 29" long, 40-45 lbs, unless its not center shot. Ill try to make about 6 of them.  When is the classic?  I won't be going I just need to see if I've got time!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 09:51:57 am »
Boy!  Someone's gonna leave the Classic grinnin' from ear to ear!  (not that we all don't anyway ;D )
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Timo

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 10:14:44 am »
The bow is NOT center shot,I have been shooting tonkins from it @ 28" I think those arrows are spined in the 50's, they shoot very well,but heck these arrows seem to  shoot out of bout any pound bow ya know? ;D

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 11:17:41 am »
Shannon:  I'm already wanting to buy some tickets for the arrowhead case and this bow and arrow combination.  I sure do have a lot of people meeting to do there! 

aero:  I think the Classic begins April 30 thru May 2nd. 

Offline Timo

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 11:36:46 am »
The bow is 59 1/8" tip -tip,58" ntn. 1 1/2" at the widest points.

The skins are Mo. timber rattler, it was shedding as I skinned it and they are very thin and clean. the tips are lace wood. The limbs are asymmetrical. This bow shoots and holds it's reflex very well.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Timo

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2010, 11:39:31 am »
Just noticed the bow is 41#.... ::) (not that one pound will make any difference) ;)

Wolf Watcher, can you make this work?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2010, 12:05:58 pm »
                                                        If Joe can't.....I sure Can......... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome