Author Topic: Got a rare treat  (Read 2254 times)

Offline Dave 55

Got a rare treat
« on: February 26, 2010, 04:03:58 pm »
Through more generosity than I can describe the Viking bow that Rich made and posted awhile back found its way into my grubby hands and it is a work of art for sure but not only that it is a shooting fool,when I first pulled it I thought its kind of light compared to the weights Ive been shooting but after shooting it I have to say its the smoothest bow Ive ever drawn and it has excellent cast,the design of these bows are something special and not only that Ive got a roughed out bow to finish as well.Thanks alot Rich.
Now is the good old days

half eye

Re: Got a rare treat
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 04:22:11 pm »
Dave,
       Really glad you liked it....had to wait long enough eh? I will bet that one you are building is going to be mach II killer for sure. Your going to have to advise when your done....how a mollegabet does at a MANS draw weight ;D
Rich

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 04:31:05 pm »
Dave not trying to step on your post but i have one of his mollegabet bows too and i know what you mean its an awesome bow from an awesome bowyer

Offline Dave 55

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 05:11:35 pm »
Yes sir youre right about that.
Now is the good old days

half eye

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 10:01:57 pm »
Dave & Ken,
     You two are to modest. I got a bow from you Dave and shafts from you Ken and both of those are absolutely beautiful, I know that bow and those arrows are going to put a fat ole deer flat down this fall!!!!! That knife and heads from tell, the shafts, and that dogwood bow........all you guys are the greatest, thank you much ;D
Rich

Offline rileyconcrete

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 02:40:36 am »
HE,

It was a pleasure, Glad you guys love your bows. got a blank this week from rich also, traded for a knife and some points, and it is awsome.  As of now as rich says I am the second to carve a bow (check out my post on carved mollegabet) and they are awsome. Hav another marked out ready to go. can wait to get it shooting.  It is awsome to be a friend of richs. thanks again.

tell
Tell Riley