Author Topic: quiver suggestions..  (Read 8041 times)

Offline aero86

quiver suggestions..
« on: February 22, 2010, 12:01:05 am »
I was given a buckskin that is like 25 years old a week ago and didnt know what I wanted to do with it.  I decided to make a quiver.  What do you guys suggest?  Id like a big one, that holds a lot, and also a bag on the side for "stuff".   Also, has anyone ever made or thought of a double quiver? Like one side for field points, one side for stone heads?  Anyways, if I'm gonna make just one big one, what dimensions should I use?  Hope this isn't too confusing guys!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: quiver suggestions..
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 12:58:02 am »
What kind of quiver do you want to make?
   What I do for a pattern is get a couple of sheets of poster paper and measure and cut out the pieces and staple the quiver together. Trim a little here or there to make it fit and feel right and when it's ready take the staples out and you have a pattern.
  Size-wise for a back quiver, make it deep enough for your arrows with the fletching outside of the quiver and with enough leather to fold over the top edge as a stiffener around the opening. For a plains style side quiver make it deep enough so only the arrow nock sticks out the end.
  Check out the "How To" section and see what you can find. Lots of good info there on all types of quivers.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 02:06:15 am »
what I would really like is a nice Pattern for a Side Draw Quiver...they are way cool...... :o
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline aero86

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 11:19:52 am »
im interested el d, do you have a picture of what you mean?
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Cromm

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 07:27:26 am »
Yes show us a photo please.
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 09:48:05 am »
this has become my favorite style. i made a lot of different quivers from back to hip. after i made this one i stopped cause i found what worked. it can be worn on the back or plains style. the arrows come through the opening on the side. only problem i ran into with this quiver is its so good for stalking and removing the arrow without being seen i mistakenly left a blunt in there when i was hunting and shot an 8 pointer with a 1" wooden blunt. afterword both the buck and i could be heard laughing our butts off.

"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 04:12:47 pm »
I like these ones also...and I am going to have to try to make one of My Own....I can't afford to shell out $250.00 for a Quiver... :o

[attachment deleted by admin]
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline aero86

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 04:29:44 pm »
looks nice.  i may have to make a little one like that.  and then one that holds a couple dozen for battle... ;D

Offline Cromm

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 08:34:10 am »
looks nice.  i may have to make a little one like that.  and then one that holds a couple dozen for battle... ;D

;D ;D ;D
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 11:22:41 am »
 Mike, I used to have one of those monsters like in your first picture. I paid $125 on Ebay. It was too big and heavy. I traded it to Chris Cade.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Lombard

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 11:24:08 pm »
Here is one of the kind that I make. Simple, functional, and cheap.

Lombard

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 11:28:25 pm »
Here is another.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 12:56:22 am »
now that last one is more like what I am wanting to make for myself...
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Cromm

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 07:03:27 am »
I didn't make this one but I like what he did;

Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 10:39:40 am »
Lombard, i like those. i think thats what ima do with this deer skin i have in the freezer, try to make me a quiver. i desperatly need one.
lets just shoot it