Author Topic: Lucky Bamboo  (Read 3249 times)

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
    • Guerilla Chef Headquarters
Lucky Bamboo
« on: February 19, 2010, 09:07:14 pm »
Today I got the bow Justin Snyder made for me in a trade. It's a beautiful example of outstanding craftsmanship. The bow's name is Lucky Bamboo and she's a Bamboo-Backed Osage longbow with a thick Hickory lamination in the handle, antler tip overlays, and a buckskin handle wrap. It's a reflex-deflex bow, 64", 55#@27". I strung her up to try the draw and can tell she is going to be a sweet shooter. I hope the weather cooperates so I can shoot! I can't post pics; maybe Justin has a pic he can post. But I wanted to post here and let everyone know that Justin makes some fine bows.

I also got a coyote skin Plains quiver that is off the charts for coolness. Exactly what I wanted. Again, outstanding craftsmanship.

And Lucky Bamboo brought me a bunch of luck today, too.

Thanks again Justin!
Living a dream...

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Lucky Bamboo
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 09:37:20 pm »
                                        How dare you post this...and then not Post Pictures........... >:(
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline NTD

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 09:48:11 pm »
I know!  And I'm jealous, Justin does incredible work.

Hey Tsalagi.  You are always posting some neat stuff and it's a shame we don't get to see pics.  My mother-in-law bought us a new camera for Mackenzies Birth so we have an extra digital.  It's not the greatest, it's only a 4mb cool pix but if you'd like it it's yours!
Nate Danforth

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
    • Guerilla Chef Headquarters
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 09:57:22 pm »
That would be cool, NTD! What could I give you in trade?
Living a dream...

Offline NTD

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 10:25:08 pm »
consider it a gift.  You can make it up to me with some company Javelina hunting in your neck of the woods. 
Nate Danforth

Offline NTD

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 11:07:24 pm »
Send me a PM with your address, I will get it out to you next week.  I just better start seeing pics of your work. ;) ;D
Nate Danforth

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 11:40:26 pm »
Here is a little taste.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline NTD

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 12:28:47 am »
We need a wolf whistle Emoticon.  Was this a trade for that boomstick you had up for trade a little while back?  Justin, Gorgeous bow man!  Was the oasge from dimensional lumber or did you make your own dimensional lumber from a stave?  I've been looking online for osage boards as I would really like to do a BBO.  The Quiver is awesome too!  Looks classy and comfortable.  Did you call that coyote in yourself?  Overall sweet setup.
Nate Danforth

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 12:31:46 am »
Very nice work, Justin. The quiver came out great and the bow looks great too.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 12:54:42 am »
What a combo!  :o Looks WAY better than your bow on Ebay, Justin!  >:D  What did you trade him Tsalagi?  The moon?!   ;D 
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 01:29:01 am »
Looks WAY better than your bow on Ebay, Justin!  >:D 
Thanks Josh, but I might make one of those next.  ;D

Thanks Nate....  I made my own dimensional lumber from a billet. Yes I called the coyote, in fact I killed it just for this quiver. That is part of what took so long, going from live coyote to quiver takes a little time.  ;)

Pat, your quiver was the inspiration for this one. Thanks for posting it.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline NTD

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 01:35:38 am »
Very cool Justin.  Makes it even that much more special...Now for the kicker though...did ya kill it with a bow? >:D
Nate Danforth

Offline sailordad

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 03:13:31 am »
sweet lookng bow
and ya just gotta love that puppy dog face on the side of the quiver,way cool  8)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline DanaM

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2010, 09:01:38 am »
Outstanding work Justin :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2010, 11:54:31 am »
Glad you like it guys.
The face is the flap for a pouch and the leather is deer. The tip overlays are made from the same mule deer antler as the antler tips that hold the strap on the quiver.

[attachment deleted by admin]

SW Utah