Author Topic: New quiver  (Read 8171 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
New quiver
« on: February 19, 2010, 12:02:10 am »
This is a new quiver I completed today. The fur trim, face and tail is from my Mom's old mink stole. ::) The quiver body is scrap upholstery leather that Broketooth(Ruddy) sent me and the tan colored leather is commercial tanned elk hide. Adjustment buttons on the strap are osage rounds. The pouch is detachable so the quiver is ambidextrous.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: New quiver
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 12:11:04 am »
Beautiful quiver Pat!!!! I always love to see your leather crafting skills....   :)  -josh
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Grunt

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 12:38:09 am »
good looking quiver. I bet she rides just right. Just the right size too.

Offline NTD

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 12:49:54 am »
I ike it very nice job!
Nate Danforth

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 02:37:45 am »
Nice Pat....now wheres Mine.............. :P
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 03:16:08 am »
Great quiver Pat, really like you leather work!
Frank from Germany...

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 08:20:11 am »
Dang Pat, that is so cool.  You keep making some very nice things.  Simply beautiful

Offline Timo

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 08:41:13 am »
Nice job Pat! That mink looks scared to death! ;D

Offline DanaM

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 09:50:35 am »
Awesome quiver Pat :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 10:02:53 am »
Now that is sweet Pat.Very nice work. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 11:30:22 am »
Thanks guys. This has been a fun project to play with. I can see that my Mom's old furs will come in handy with more leather projects in the future. 8)
  Tim, the glass eyes do make him look scared. With good reason though. Look where he ended up.  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bobnewboy

• https://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_d14/
    • The Company of Sixty Field Archers
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 11:57:25 am »
Lovely job Pat, I really like it  ;D

Could you explain or post a picture to show how the adjustment buttons work?  That would be really handy!
"The Englishman takes great pride in his liberty. He values this gift more than all the joys of life, and would sacrifice everything to retain it. The populace would have you understand there is no country in the world where such perfect freedom can be enjoyed, as in England!" Frenchman, London 1719

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 12:33:01 pm »
Bob, I will take some pics of the buttons and post them and how they work.

Offline kerryb

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 01:34:24 pm »
beautiful work Pat.
Milan Mo

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 02:22:39 pm »
Here are a series of pics showing how I attach a shoulder strap to the plains style side quiver. This attachment has other applications too.
  First showing the components of this attachment method. I am using 3 holes on the osage buttons but 4 holes works well also. feed the thong through the two holes in the osage button from front to back, then through the holes in the strap(these holes are the adjustment for the strap length),go around the stiffener rod on the quiver and back through the holes in the strap above the previous holes. Now bring the two thong ends through the single hole(can also be done with 2 holes here), draw up tight and tuck the ends through the original thong loop in the button. Now pull everything up tight and you are good to go.
  I made the pouch removable also and it is just tied to the stiffener rod with 2 thongs. This way the strap and pouch can be removed switched to the other side of the quiver for ambidextrous usage.