Author Topic: Patrosinio, Brazil  (Read 49455 times)

Offline Mechslasher

Re: Patrosinio, Brazil
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2010, 10:19:31 am »
with a handle like that, you would be the best looking hoe'er down there.  not going to comment on the cop pic, except to say it looks like you're about to haul butt outta there.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2010, 10:26:40 am »
eddie.
that cop looks like your long lost uncle. :)
Looks like a great place to be working for a while.
have fun. and cool pics. thanks for the tour.
later
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2010, 01:47:46 pm »
... I would HAVE to try and turn that hoe handle into an ELB while I was waiting on equipment to be fixed...   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2010, 09:32:53 pm »
 It wasn't my Hoe handle and all I have is a small pocket knife. There is not even a piece of broken glass here. Everything is recycled. And I've been arguing with these guys for a week. They would have been pissed if I cut up their handle. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Josh

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2010, 11:17:01 pm »
It wasn't my Hoe handle and all I have is a small pocket knife. There is not even a piece of broken glass here. Everything is recycled. And I've been arguing with these guys for a week. They would have been pissed if I cut up their handle. ;D

small pocket knife will make shavings man!    ;D  you can always give the handle back to them in bow-form... I know if i had a purpleheart-handled hoe that came up missing and then was returned to me 3 or 4 days later as a bow I probably wouldn't be that mad about it... That's just me though...  :)  :)  :)  that purple heart would probably fret to heck and back while you were bending it anyways, just a thought...
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Swamp Bow

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2010, 11:41:00 pm »

Quit arguing with me or I'll take your hoe handle and shoot you with it...  ;D  I'd cooperate more if someone took a tool handle and made a projectile weapon from it.  You gotta admit it would be fun to see the look on their faces.

Swamp
From the middle of a swamp in SW Florida.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2010, 02:47:41 am »

Sheesh!  What poor smugglers you guys would make. ::)  Eddie, just buy a couple of those hoes, and bring em back as farm implements.  How much does a Hoe cost down there?  :o Let me rephrase that !   How much does a "Farm Implement like that cost down there?  ;D I would not think it would cost too much, so just ship a couple back. 8)  Get a couple of Ipe handled ones, and maybe some Pau D'Arco handled ones also  ;)......It is like the old story of a Russian Security Guard at a Russian Wheel Barrow plant.  Every day, one of the workers at the end of the work day, would come out of the factory pushing a wheel barrow, full of scrap pieces of metal, and wire and so forth.  And every day the Security Guard would stop him, and say, I have a feeling that you are stealing something, but the guy would say, it is just scrap, that I sell and make a few rubles.  I have permission to take this stuff, so the Security guard after frisking the guy, could not find any contraband, and would let him go.  Well this went on for many years, till finally they are both retired, and the Security Guard, says to the guy, "look, we are both retired, and there is nothing I can do about it if you were stealing something from the factory, but I just know that you were stealing something, just so I can put it to rest, please tell me just what it was that you were stealing."  So the Guy looks at him, and says, you D#@n Fool, I was stealing wheel barrows!  ;D ;D So you see Eddie, you just buy the "Farm" implements, and ship them home, and then remove the head, and wallah, purple heart bow wood ! ;)  I have to think of everything! ::)

Wayne

Offline DanaM

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2010, 07:29:35 am »
Wayne wouldn't that make him a wood hoe >:D :o ;D just stay off my corner eddie  :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2010, 10:47:21 am »
cool stuff mr. Eddie. oh and by the way your cane is rapidly turning into simi straight pointy projectiles with notches in one end and feathers tied to them. lol ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline Josh

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2010, 11:00:01 am »
Wayne wouldn't that make him a wood hoe >:D :o ;D just stay off my corner eddie  :D

;D  ;D  :D  :D  :D   :)  :)  LOL that's pretty funny

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2010, 02:07:51 pm »
  I'll leave the wood hoeing to Dana. Wayne, did you miss that 2x8x14' long piece of Purpleheart when you were in my shop? :o  Trey, lets see some pictures.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2010, 03:37:47 pm »

No, I was with you, but......since you are in Brazil, ::)...... I will have wait till Cathy, goes to the store...... ;D ;D ;D  Aww crapp!!, your Daughter is there!   :(
Ok, so you have a nice chunk of it at home.  A couple more won't hurt either!  Have you checked to see if Pau D'Arco grows there?
It is supposed to be a bow wood, and they use the bark as an herb, for helping fight a number of things, bacteria, viruses, etc.  Good for the immune system.  ;)  Theymake a tea out of it.  You can get it at most health food stores.

Wayne

Offline Diligence

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2010, 05:02:46 pm »
Hey Eddie....good photos and sounds like a nice place to be (minus the "working" part).

j
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2010, 05:32:22 pm »
 Today is the first day any work got done. All I have to do is watch, and say, " yes,that is good, or no, do it again". That's why they love me so much. Wayne, if a farmers dog pee's on a tree, he can be fined. Tree's, animals if you can find one and snakes are protected. And only the police and military can have guns. But when some people heard I was from the US and had guns, they had to show me theirs. They all have them but hide them.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 06:35:44 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2010, 06:10:58 pm »

Dang, that ain't the place to retire to. :o  Sounds like you have a pretty tough time down there.  ::) Ahhh Bueno, nah, no bueno, ahh muey Bueno!.....etc.  Must get pretty tiring after awhile, ok, mi amigos, vamanos to de cantina, por ceravsas, e porco.  Or is today seafood day?  :) Man, I feel bad that you have to work so hard down there.  Ok, dig here.  Ok put this bit on.  Ok, drill here. Ok, now press this button. ok, now we go to lunch. ::)  But hey, they could be unionized...... ;D  Just kidding, just kidding, I'm a member of 2928 myself. ;D

Wayne