Author Topic: Patrosinio, Brazil  (Read 46318 times)

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: Patrosinio, Brazil
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2010, 06:32:53 pm »
Hay there is Eddie.
Was beginning to think those cops had ran you down after all. :o

We have made a few feed troughs some what like that over the years.
We use a hollow oak log and nail boards over the ends.

What is the white on the inside???  Could you pet the cow?? ;D

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2010, 10:01:55 pm »
I am sure that this is just bleached out woodd...from the Cows licking it ad the Sun....hey Eddie...I thought that Trees were under some Protective Order down there...sure aint many left..... ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2010, 11:05:55 pm »
Ahhh...green grass and sunshine. I long to see that again :'(
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2010, 11:12:09 pm »
76 and Sunny here today Shannon...but then the Wind was blowing a Bit too...about 55 mph all afternoon....... :P
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Keenan

« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2010, 12:23:52 am »
 Wow Eddie, just catching up on the adventures. Just think of the stories you get to tell the grand kids.  ::) ::) Never looked down a 45 with hot head on the other end but I think you probably held it together much better then I would have. Glad you made it through that little encounter. The feed trough looks cool and if it floods just turn it into a canoe. ::)   Glad your making some good bucks down there but bet you'll be glad to get home.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2010, 11:30:13 am »
Não foda com a polícia, Eddie. Você será cadela de Rodrigo quando eles o põem na prisão.  :o

I had the distinct pleasure of staring down the barrel of a .44 Redhawk once that was applied to the end of my nose. Looked like the Holland tunnel from that perspective. No fun at all.

Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2010, 01:05:05 pm »
Yeah I know the feeling too.  I was robbed at gunpoint at the video store I used to work at.  The guy even asked his accomplice (which was his girlfriend I found out after they were caught)  if he could "shoot this one"  while he was pointing the gun at me.  She talked him out of it and they ran off.  The police caught them because a customer who happened to be a bailbondsman happened to see them fleeing the store so he chased them in his car till the police caught up with them. Glad he didn't get away.  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2010, 03:34:49 pm »
 Hey, David, We finally got busy down here and I'm getting some work done. I've got 8 more to drill then head home for awhile and then come back down in the future to finish the rest. Yep, I was petty her, all these cows come up to you here. Yesterdday was the prettiest day we had in a week and a half. The guys don't want to work Sunday so it's back to taking pictures for me at Time and a half. ;D Steve, I think the scariest part of that 45 was not understanding what he was saying and he kept it pointed at me the whole time. The white stuff is a combination of the tongue, feed with salt and the sun. They plant corn for the cows here and when it's mature the gring it up plant, corn and all. That's the cattle feed.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 05:09:45 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2010, 04:38:04 pm »

An adventure at every turn ! :o  The ground corn plant, sounds like our silage.  They use a lot of that in Montana.  Drill, Drill, Drill, and get home for the last of the Turkey season...... ;D  Other than the gun in the face, sounds like it has been a very nice trip. :)  Have you seen any reeds, or boo like stuff for arrows down there?  How are the leather products down there?  Oh, if there is a Music store there check and see if they have Giannini Guitars there.  I would like to get another classical guitar.  I can't find them here anymore.  years ago, I had a twelve string one, and I gave it to my Girlfriend, and a Friend of mine had a classical one, and I really liked the sound of it.  If they do, and you can do so without too much of a hassle, I would like to get one, depending on much they want to charge a touristo.  I can send money, or pay you when you get back.  I don't know if they will let you carry it on, or you wold have to pay extra for baggage.  That is one of the reasons I don't fly any more.  They are thieves.  Check out the You Tube video of "United Breaks Guitars"......Anyway, I hope all is well, the stack is stable, and the creek don't rise, and you can get back home, safe and sound, no more pistol barrel imprints on your forehead.  By the way, do you know the model of the Taurus? ::)  A Friend of mine is wanting to buy one.  I can tell him it is an intimidating weapon, from a reliable source....... ;D  He is wanting to get the millennium model in .45 . ;)
     Well keep us updated on your travels, and adventures, local cuisines, beers, and other alcoholic drinks, and such things that would be of interest to us.  Any Blow guns?  Accoutrement's?  We are waiting for the next installment of the adventures of the "Mullet", as he ventures into unknown waters...... 8)
                                                                    Wayne

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2010, 04:43:32 pm »
I suspected salt was at least part of the white in that trough.

Cow feed of the sort you are describing is called silage.  It used to be that the stuff was put into a silo and allow to ferment.
After it was fermitted it would "keep" for quite some time.  There is no silage made around the house any more.
From what I understand those that do make it now ferment and store it in large, lined and covered pits in the ground.

Most silage is feed for milk cows.  It make them give more milk. ::)

Love the pix.  Keep them comming.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2010, 05:17:11 pm »
 David, the gentlemans farm I'm working on Senor Miguel was grinding it the first day I got here. I didn't know it was fermented. I guess that's why it is piled on a huge sheet of plastic and covered up tight with black plastic. And they were milking some of the cows this morning. Almost all their food comes off of this place. Every 3ird morning I get a stalk of fresh bananas. Also this area is famous for a very regional cheese, it's good.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2010, 05:35:47 pm »
David, the dairy farmers around here still raise a lot of silage corn. They go through the field with a big chopper that's like a rolling brush chipper-grinds it up and blows it into a truck, then they pile it up in a big pile a couple hundred feet long and 10-12 feet high and cover it with black plastic. After a couple months, it smells like a brewery.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2010, 05:45:24 pm »
Yep that is the stuff.
I would think the fermintation also helps the cows digest the corn stalk.  As you know cows have an inefficient digestion system.

Cheese??  Did you say Cheese???  Any chance some of it might find it's way to the Tn. Classic??
My wife had rather have cheese than most anything else.  I have gave her cheese for Chrismas. ;D

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2010, 07:07:10 pm »
 Steve, that's exactly how they do it here. And I don't think Rodrigo has a chance with me being his play toy. :D That thought ran through my ming that morning. Let me see, David. Does she like goat cheese? That's what it taste like, it's very good.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Swamp Bow

« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2010, 02:25:08 am »
It's probably raw milk cheese, a big no no here.  Not that they would let you bring it back even if it was pasteurized.   ::)  I love raw milk cheese.  I wish the FDA would get it's head out of it's butt and legalize it.  >:(

Swamp
From the middle of a swamp in SW Florida.