Author Topic: Patrosinio, Brazil  (Read 46319 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Patrosinio, Brazil
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2010, 07:48:27 pm »
  John, My pleasure. It's keeping me sane. When I'm back in town at the Hotel there isn't much English spoken. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2010, 10:09:07 pm »

Well now that you and the Geologists are in cahoots with each other, you should be able to find some rock.  Any Obsidian there around the old volcano?  No wading?  Man, you do have it easy.  Sheesh, you should've brought Cathy down with you. ;)

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2010, 06:50:58 pm »
 She wants to come down, Wayne. There is no rock here, it is all Sedimentary rock. There is better rock in North Carolina.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2010, 07:13:09 pm »

Well, since you are going to be there for awhile, you might as well bring her on down.  As for the rock, as long as there is enough sizable ones for smacking snakes, it is ok. ;)

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2010, 08:48:51 pm »
 $1800 round trip not including the drivers. I haven't been here long enough for the company to pay for it. ;)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2010, 09:51:39 pm »

Why those cheap B@#$@%$@ !!  Well how about getting her a Rosetta stone set, and she can learn the language in the country you are going to, and she can be your interpreter, that way she can go with you to what ever country you go to.  I have to think of everything!! ;D......Or is it......that you don't want her getting used to multi course Seafood dinners...... :o
Well, it was a thought......Well at least you get to go to the land of Coca, on your next adventure......the dogs at the airport ought to be all over you from that trip!  I have a Friend of mine, who has gone down there with a bunch of Missionaries, and he does clowning for them.  He said they stay in a walled in area, with big Gates, and armed guards, somewhere in the moutains...... and they told him not to go out at night, or alone in the daytime......Nice......He is only 17, and has quite a head on his shoulders, but still his Dad decided , he'd been down there enough times as it was, and so he doesn't go down there anymore.  Better start practicing your Kata's, I wouldn't want to see your face on a Leche' carton......  ;D ;D  But if you are up high enough, you can chew some coca leaves, and it helps to alleviate the headaches, and other side affects of altitude sickness.  It is leagal down there, in a leaf form.  The sell it in the market, in plastic bags.......I saw this on the travel channel. ;)  Just make sure none of it has fallen in your shoes, or pants pocket, or uh suitcase...... ;D
Now I wonder how small those seeds are for that plant? ::)  If they are small enough, would a stamp on a post card should cover a couple of them....... ::) O:)
Just kidding......mostly...... ;D ;D
                                                                                 Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2010, 12:31:09 pm »
  I got woke up quicker than drinking two cups of this strong coffee this morning. I was driving through town at six thirty in a light rain following a cop in the other lane. We get to the main intersection, the light is green, the cops are turning right and I'm turning left. I pass them, signal and me and the car behind me turns left. Well I look in the mirror and here come the local policia with siren and lights flashing. All three of us pull over and one of the cops comes up to me hollering and pointing a .45 at me. I don't have a clue what we did wrong. I just kept saying, "Desculpa, eu entendo, nao Portuguese", and showing my US passport.

Boy was he pissed. Then it started raining harder, and he got even madder and told me and the other driver to Go! I almost ran a red light trying to leave. These guy's aren't friendly at all and that Taurus 45 got my attention quick! :-[
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 09:10:08 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2010, 12:41:30 pm »
              Been there once before...but it wasn't the Brazilian Policia...it was the Canadian Mounted Police............ >:D

And one other time in Chicago...at the Sheraton Inn....when a Big Brother of the Hood...with his Crew....decided to touch my Sisters Posterior...while walking past Us....And Me...being the 24 year old Protector of the Goods...told Him in no uncertain words...to keeps his Friggin Hands off my Sister...and I got a 380...or maybe a 25 stuck in my face...did a lot of Eyeballing...and told Him to Use it or Get Gone.....When the Punk laughed and Rooster Strutted across the Parking Lot....I started to shake uncontrollably...and about passed out....ain't no fun is it Eddie..... >:(
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline NTD

« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2010, 12:47:42 pm »
"I started to shake uncontrollably...and about passed out....ain't no fun is it Eddie..... "

I've found that out about myself as well.  During the encounter I'm cool as ice, but after I'd shake like crazy and be sick to my stomach.  At least I'm able to function during the conflict, but after it's all said and done I turn to jelly.  I think it has something to do with the after effects of adrenaline leaving the system. 

Anywho be safe down there Eddie!!!
Nate Danforth

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2010, 12:54:16 pm »
  Yea, Mike. That's why I almost ran the red light afterward. I had just emailed Kathie the day before and told her if I got pulled over I was just gonna play dumb and stupid. I didn't have any problem doing that while I was looking at that 45. ??? ;D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2010, 01:08:13 pm »
I hear Ya....there aint no practicing that Feeling....it is one you have to live....and live through too......... ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2010, 01:08:46 pm »
Man eddie I sure your company is paying you well ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline stickbender

« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2010, 06:35:15 pm »

Isn't it amazing when it is someone else's .45 that is pointed in your face, how it suddenly looks like .69 caliber!
Yeah, in Italy, the cops on motorcycles are called hammer heads, they say before they can become a carrabineri, they have to be hit in the head with a hammer......here in Florida, the motorcycle cops are just called D@#$'s  !!  I have only encountered one that was actually very pleasant, and courteous.  I guess they take the " take control of the situation"  a little too serious......  Man, do you get hazardous duty pay?   Did you chew a hole in the seat? ;D ::)  I guess you need to go down to police station with some pastries....... ;D

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2010, 06:54:26 pm »
 Yea Wayne, especially when you don't know what they are saying. I didn't know if my car looked like one in a robbery or what was going on, still don't. Screw the pastries, I think I'll avoid them if possible.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2010, 06:22:38 pm »
 I though this was kinda neat. They make their own feed troughs here.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lakeland, Florida