Author Topic: Patrosinio, Brazil  (Read 46256 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Patrosinio, Brazil
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2010, 07:47:59 pm »
  Paul, it is pretty. I keep expecting to see turkeys or deer.  It looks like lower N.C to me except for the plam trees and big fern trees. The hills are steep like around Tenn. above Chattanooga. Jesse, It kinda sound's like one of the real short Machete's, about 10" overall. Wayne, lately I just sit in the VW and read a book. We have a feeling of trust, fear or respect, take your pick. They know now I can hear the engine pitch change and I know what is going on. ;D I've read five books since I've been here, got one left. I'll give it to Shannon or Chris Cade when I'm through. Whoever speaks up first. Has anybody ever heard of, " Jack Hinson's One Man War?" Jay Massey helped with the research.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2010, 12:03:02 pm »
you've got too much time own your hands down there.  i've got a ton of books i'll let you borrow for your next trip.  just have to check with steve and wade to see if they are finished with them.  i also have some killer audiobooks you can borrow.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2010, 06:56:50 pm »
 Hinson was a confederate sniper with over a hundred long range kills. It all takes place around Clarksville and Ft Donelson in Kentucky The real land between the lakes before the lakes. I know you and Shannon like those kind of books, so ya'll decide who get's it first. This guy was so pissed he had a custom, 50cal built before he started his killing spree.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2010, 07:47:57 pm »
Hinson was a confederate sniper with over a hundred long range kills. It all takes place around Clarksville and Ft Donelson in Kentucky The real land between the lakes before the lakes. I know you and Shannon like those kind of books, so ya'll decide who get's it first. This guy was so pissed he had a custom, 50cal built before he started his killing spree.
That's real close to my neighborhood.   Sounds like a good read >:D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2010, 08:47:16 pm »
  It all takes place around Stewart County and the city of Dover.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2010, 08:54:41 am »
I'd like to read that book, my brother who doe's civil war re-enacting told me about it. I think what really set Hinson off was when union troops killed his two son's who were not in the military.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2010, 04:16:36 pm »
 That's it Greg. They not only killed them but then cut their heads off, dragged the bodies and dumped them in town and then stuck the heads on the front gate post of Mom and Dad's house. Before that he was neutral in the war.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #127 on: March 10, 2010, 05:03:07 pm »
Sure Glad that none of my European Relative came over till 1879....except for my Moms..Moms Side....and they didn't do much during the Civil War...but enjoy it all.......ya see they was Red....... :D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #128 on: March 10, 2010, 08:04:06 pm »
 Hmm, I'll try again. I got into some Boo this morning. This stuff was HUGE, and about 80' tall. Also for anybody that hasn't seen a Purpleheart tree, here it is.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #129 on: March 10, 2010, 08:18:23 pm »
awesome pics man!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #130 on: March 10, 2010, 09:13:11 pm »
 Thanks, Josh. I sure wish I'd have brought my other camera with me. I've missed out on some good pictures of Toucans, green lizards, and other cool looking birds. I have to come back so I'll pack it with me then. And the guy's showed up this morning with a new shovel, and it had a Purpleheart handle, too.

Greg, Shannon, and Chris, I'll bring the book to the Classic, ya'll can draw straws or Pappy can Raffle it off. :D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline RG

« Reply #131 on: March 10, 2010, 09:19:42 pm »
Good looking pics Eddie thanks for sharing

Ron

Offline Swamp Bow

« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2010, 03:15:18 am »
Time to figure out where to get shovel handles.  8)  Thanks for the pics.

Swamp
From the middle of a swamp in SW Florida.

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2010, 10:29:15 am »
pick me up a few purpleheart seeds and some green coffee beans, if you can sneak them back through customs.  i just ordered the hinson book yesterday.  planning on reading it next month on my spring break cruise to jamaica.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2010, 06:27:14 pm »
 Chris, That tree is pretty dang tall to go climbing looking for seeds. I'm going to pass on any seeds dealing with Customs this time. They are probally going to impound and quarantine all my stuff as is.  And it's a good book. I guess it's between Greg and Shannon. At least they live close enough they can share.
Lakeland, Florida