Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4726539 times)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #9645 on: August 23, 2013, 08:03:44 am »
Happy Anniversary Ms. Joannie & Pappy! Have a great hunt & make sure Kathie gets a good pic of you and Eddie on the TeaCup ride when you visit Disney,  >:D 8).... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9646 on: August 23, 2013, 08:17:52 am »
My Camo overalls fit you so I think I got you covered on the flip flops, baggies and Hawaiin camo shirts, got plenty of them. You like silk or cotton? ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9647 on: August 23, 2013, 08:40:06 am »
I'm more of a silk kind of guy.  :-[??? ;) :) Thanks Brian,I will pass the good wishes a long to her. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #9648 on: August 23, 2013, 10:17:45 am »
Pappy:  Congratulations for a life with a wonderful woman.  She needs a medal for just understanding your giving at the farm!  Thanks for the Wounded Warrior site!  We do the Wyoming Disabled Hunters and find that very rewarding.  Something about hunting that rewards them in ways we can't otherwise give them.  You will have a blast with Eddie and shooting a gator would be a challenge.  Sounds like Hawk and his folks and I will be going to Texas to a Pow Wow in Oct to shoot pigs, deer, and turkeys.  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Parnell

« Reply #9649 on: August 23, 2013, 02:38:27 pm »
So far south it's almost the north...you know it Pappy.  Wanted to wish you and Miss Joanie a Happy Anniversary.
Good luck with the hunting next week!  Looking forward to hearing and seeing all about it!

Also, my vote is for flip flops and hawaiin print swim trunks.  It's so humid your better off wearing swim trunks and skipping the undershorts.   Good luck Pappy!
1’—>1’

Offline seabass

« Reply #9650 on: August 23, 2013, 04:45:20 pm »
happy anniversary Miss Joanie and Pappy.you found you a good one Pappy.i guess she did alright too lol
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9651 on: August 24, 2013, 12:17:33 am »
Happy Aniversary Miss Joanie and Pappy.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DARLA

« Reply #9652 on: August 24, 2013, 11:29:17 am »
HAPPY 40th ANNIVERSARY Pappy & Miss Joanie!!!!! 40 yr's is quite an accomplishment!!!  Hope yal have an amazing weekend (w whatever Miss Joanie planned for yal) :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9653 on: August 26, 2013, 06:19:34 am »
It was a great weekend for sure,she had a good plan,the cool thing is I guess she has been with me so long we like the same stuff so it couldn't have worked out better in the things we did and went to see. I spent most of the week leading up to the get away getting stuff ready for my up and quick coming Hunt with Eddie. I knew if I had my mind on that and not on what she wanted to do I would
NOT have a good weekend, ;) :) so my arrows/bow and stuff was packed by Thursday. ;) :) :) :) So she got my full attention,I may look stupid but I ant near as stupid as I look. ;) ;D ;D Here are some pictures of my gear and then the trip. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9654 on: August 26, 2013, 06:25:35 am »
Last pictures was of my gator arrows and 6 cain's in the works. Hunting bows and gear ready to load. I won 2'nd at out Charity shoot last week in the selfbow class. ;) :) Some practice with my gator arrows,they all fly great and if I can get with in 10 or 12 yards I should be good to go.Then Saturday morning getting ready to pull out on our adventure. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9655 on: August 26, 2013, 06:46:24 am »
First stop Saturday morning was Fort Donelson in Dover. Lot of folks lost in that battle. :(  Picture of the Confederate fild kit,note the twist of tobacco. them boys was set. ;) :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 08:36:49 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9656 on: August 26, 2013, 06:54:41 am »
Rifles and canons they used. Different ammo. :) The little cabins they lived in. ??? Canon in placements on the Cumberland river. :) That part worked for them,it was after the fact that thay made some bad moves that lost the battle for them. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9657 on: August 26, 2013, 06:58:51 am »
Lots of info,very cool stuff to read and remember,it was a tough time for the country and took some tough individuals to make it in them times. Makes me realize how good we got it now.  :) One of the Generals statements to the troops before the battle started was,you came to die for this cause,now here is you chance to do so. WOW. ???
   Pappy
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 08:39:49 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9658 on: August 26, 2013, 07:04:02 am »
Then on to LBL [Land between the lakes] They damned the Tennessee and Cumberland to make Lake Barkley and KY.lake and left the land in between. :)
Lots to see there,Some Civil war related and some just wildlife and forest related.
Cool place,we have hunted there for years. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9659 on: August 26, 2013, 07:09:18 am »
The home place,folks live there in the same way it was lived in the 1800's and run the farm. The welcome center on the KY. side of LBL is a nice place to visit also,lots to see and take in there. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good