Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4722691 times)

Offline Danzn Bar

Re: Life is good
« Reply #9585 on: August 10, 2013, 08:49:00 pm »
Pappy,
I've been to twin oaks a few times, the Classic a couple of years and the IBO last year.  I love your place.  What will be going on during the Whitetail Classic's last weekend??  I guess there will be some deer to see, Can anyone stop by and visit?  Will there be a course set up to shoot??  The reason I ask.........I would like to bring down my wife and show her your place.  She has heard me talk about it and she loves places and people like your place.  If she's not working she wants to go to the Classic next year.
When she heard Badly Bent and his wife was there and a lot of others wives and family went she was all excited to go.  That's great with me.  I was just wanting to come down for the day with her the first time.
Let me know
Thanks
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9586 on: August 12, 2013, 06:45:02 am »
 DBar,Yes their is usually plenty of deer to be seen the opening weekend of deer season which is the last leg of the Whitetail Classic,we have a shoot on the 14th of September and then when/if you kill a deer or Turkey you bring it down to be weighted and checked,you get a point per pound and 5 points for antler tines added to your course score. Lots going on mid day when folks are out of the woods.Come visit,should be a practice range set but if not we always have the bails to shoot on. Great weekend,got the ranges set and most of the clean up done in prepration for the up coming charity shoot this coming weekend,also had a little shop time. ;) :) Got some bow work done/arrows made up and some knife work in progress. Here are a few pictures of the fun.  :) :) Rocky's bow in the works and the points and blade Will made for me out of pappyite from my creek,very cool,thanks Will. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9587 on: August 12, 2013, 06:53:06 am »
A knife Dan made for Will,very nice work. A knife and saw blade I mounted in a leg bone and antler/sinew wrapper and pine pitch glue. Sally girl just resting,man she is growing and fitting right in around there. Me floor tillering Rocky's bow and getting it ready for the form. Some of Will's hunting arrows for this up coming season. ;) They should do the trick. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9588 on: August 12, 2013, 06:59:00 am »
Getting the kinks out of Rocky's bow. :) :) Chris came in with some fresh boo,not sure what we will do with it but I know we will come up with something. ;) :) Randy's bow finished,I think he liked it and shoots it very good. Then a little shooting. :) :) Will testing out some cain arrows. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9589 on: August 12, 2013, 07:04:08 am »
Woody shows up with Reckless for a visit. :) Tommy and his grand kids,great kids. ;) :) Rocky's bow off the form and looking good so far. :) SweetPea and Allen's grand daughter in from TX.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9590 on: August 12, 2013, 07:08:43 am »
I told some on another thread I don't collect stuff[I was kidding] Some of the stuff I collect. :) :) :) Jon's foster son came down for the weekend,I think he had a very good time. :) Megan just hanging out and some relaxing and shooting the bull after a long morning. :) :) Big A is just thinking. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9591 on: August 12, 2013, 07:13:45 am »
More relaxing. ;) ;D Jeff showed up from Ft.Campbell [first time] wanted to make a bow so Josh is giving him some lessons on cutting in nocks.It is coming along nice for his first bow. I think we have another one hooked. ;) :) :) :) Josiah and his dad show as is getting pretty normal for a Saturday evening, always enjoy their company. ;) :)
  Pappy
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 07:33:53 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9592 on: August 12, 2013, 07:17:42 am »
Josiah putting the final touches on the tiller on his new Osage and then us shooting her in,turned out very fast and a good tiller. Josh working on some knife handles for his latest project.  :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9593 on: August 12, 2013, 07:21:19 am »
Chris working on is new knife project [idea] looking good so far.Josh fitting his handle on the blade he just completed. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9594 on: August 12, 2013, 07:28:27 am »
A copper point Josh made for me to use on my Gator hunt,he pounded it to harden
it and it is surprising tough,also a couple of things he gave me to remember him by,he is moving to NW Wyo. in a couple of week,we will miss him around there. :( I told him to look Joe up when he gets settled.That's it for this weekend.Great time and got a lot done.  :)Hope yall had a good one also. :) :) Life is Good. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #9595 on: August 12, 2013, 11:51:19 am »
Looks like another great weekend Pappy. Way better than this porch sittin i been doin while i heal up, lol.. Tried to talk Darla into droppin me off at Twin Oaks this weekend and pickin me up next weekend. :laugh:... Dint fly... said if she cant stay, neither can I, lol. Tried to explain the healin properties of Twin Oaks, lol.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #9596 on: August 12, 2013, 05:16:15 pm »
 I cant wait to get back there one day.
Glad to see the knife stands still standing.
Sorry to hear Josh wolf is moving away.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9597 on: August 13, 2013, 06:41:47 am »
Works like a champ Jesse, just full,ya I hate to see him leave also,he hangs out there most weekends and really has a lot of talent,he helps me out a lot and always has some cool project going. Looking forward to when you can get back also. :) Brian no one said she can't stay, just not in the cabin [no women staying in the Cabin] Miss Joanie's rule and I abide by that.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #9598 on: August 13, 2013, 09:13:52 am »
Lol... Thats a rule to "live" by right there Pappy.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9599 on: August 13, 2013, 12:28:52 pm »
Yep,Miss Joanie don't ask for much but what she does ask for I try to give her. :)
40 years married 24th of this month :)  and 7 going together before that. ;) Man time flyes. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good