Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4713652 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #9270 on: May 13, 2013, 07:20:55 am »
Napping display all finished up till next year. :) I use to keep them in the cabin but thought they would be better in the pit so everyone could see them.Looks good to me. :) :) Josh's Yew ready to brace.it is really turning out nice so far. ;) :) Sadie and Sally just taking it easy after a long day. Like I said it was a good weekend,missed all the folks and can't wait till next year but other than the crowd things just seem to stay the same around the Cabin year round. :)   
Life is Good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

blackhawk

« Reply #9271 on: May 13, 2013, 08:06:07 am »
Nice flag ;)  ;D

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #9272 on: May 13, 2013, 08:37:24 am »
Looks like it was a great weekend at Twin Oaks.  Maybe next year one I'll have an entry in the Thunder Chert Knap-off.
Jon:  Now that I'm home, I looked at the Facebook posts finally.  Nice job during the Classic keeping everyone up to speed with the goings on!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #9273 on: May 13, 2013, 11:23:10 am »
Pappy:  Don"t remember telling you that the deer horns I see on the shop wall were from a deer that was killed and eaten by a mt. lion in the river about 50 yards from our house.  Lions always drag their kills to a safer place to eat but the 4 foot high river bank kept the deer in the water!  Having horns doesn't seem to keep the lions from killing a big deer!  We have been seeing lots of elk on both sides, but yesterday a big tom (9" beard) and a tiny little hen went thru the yard.  They took their time and was a thrill for us. I know WeeWicki will never remember me, but you can bet I will never forget him!  Wish I had his personality!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #9274 on: May 13, 2013, 01:16:41 pm »
Pappy
A Tenn. flag is a good thing but that Thing has to go !  >:(
That state up north ain't worthy of having a flag !   >:D
And we sure don't want it in Tenn ! or Ohio !
How did they get Marshall in their state anyway !
Be glad to trade you Cleavland for Marshall  !

Oh well hope to see ya all in that state up north , in a little over a week!
Have fun  cause we will be !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9275 on: May 15, 2013, 06:05:50 am »
My foot is feeling much better,not sure if it will stay that way when the meds wear off but for now just trying to do stuff that I can set and do,working on a couple more hides and a little knife work. :) Miss Joanie has me opening the pool tomorrow,O boy what fun, ??? but for her I don't mind. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #9276 on: May 15, 2013, 03:46:51 pm »
Dang Pappy, you got your self a concret pond?  I figured you all just swam up stream from the gut pile.  :o  ;D dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9277 on: May 16, 2013, 06:05:42 am »
 ;) ;D ;D ;D Miss Joanie has one. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9278 on: May 17, 2013, 06:08:07 am »
Well got the pool open for Miss Joanie and all my Honey do's taken care of this week,headed to the cabin when I get away from here,no big plans yet other than a meeting and club shoot Saturday morning,then we plan on tearing the ranges down and a few tents that are left from the Classic,may do a little hide and knife work ,other than that I am still in the relax mode. ;) :) Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9279 on: May 20, 2013, 06:19:15 am »
Very good weekend,kind of laid back again but did get a lot of little projects done and also had some time to shoot Saturday morning, all was right about the course,it was very well set up.Most all good hunting shots. I got 2 more hides ready to tan and pick up a bunch of Turkey wings a friend was holding for me and got them off the wing and in the box. Also finished a couple of knives. Here are some pictures of the fun. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9280 on: May 20, 2013, 06:29:16 am »
Sally has found her a nice resting spot,right under my work bench. ;) :) Had 2 new guest show up,not sure where they came from. ??? :o :-\  Another knife glued up,Elk horn grips. Turkey wings being taken care of and put away for trade or use. ;) :) :) 20 sets. :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 07:11:31 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9281 on: May 20, 2013, 06:35:32 am »
Another little skinner finished. :) Will doing some Abo napping. :) :) :) Miss Bev. checking out and cleaning up the cats. :) Supper Friday night,deer brats.Yum. ;)
Mullberry stave that was given to me at the Classic,he said it should make 2 bows,we got 5 nice staves from it. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9282 on: May 20, 2013, 06:45:05 am »
Staves all split out and backs sealed. ;) :) :) Cats all cleaned up and ready for give away. :)  Will checking out Sweet Pea's new bow. Sweet Pea brought George back down to visit,he wanted some supper from Momma. :o ;) :) :) :) Will skinning his new Osage bow,Looking good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9283 on: May 20, 2013, 06:55:07 am »
Terry working on some cain arrows. Had Joshia show up with a couple of buddy's to work on bows,very well behaved and mannerly boys,got one floor tillered and the other on the Tiller board and about ready to brace. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9284 on: May 20, 2013, 07:01:49 am »
Josh got his scrap Yew shooting,looking very good from a very challenging piece of wood. Had another visitor,lucky he was to small for a bow back. :o >:D >:D Joshia getting a grip lessons from Will and also having some fun with the Austrian Outback phone.  ;) :) :)That it for the weekend.Great time /great food and fun with friends,hard to beat that. Hope yall had a good one also.  :) Life is Good. ;) :)
  Pappy
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 07:15:22 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good