Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4720372 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #9255 on: May 09, 2013, 06:46:02 am »
Thanks folks,Glad you enjoyed,like I have said I enjoy seeing you enjoy more than you could know. JW it was a pleasure meeting you,hope to do it again someday.
Matt/Heather/Steve/Bear and all the rest thanks again for all the help. Yes hatach it is always the 1'st full weekend of May,only exception is if it falls on Mother's day. ;) :) :) that's only happened once. I have about got the place back like it was
and everything back in its place.We are having a club shoot Saturday and then tear down the ranges,a lot of us didn't get a chance to shoot and really want to see the ranges that was worked so hard on. Tomi thanks for all the pictures,I will have Miss Joanie look them up along with the wedding. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #9256 on: May 09, 2013, 07:47:55 am »
I am having with drawls this morning.  NO SAUSAGE AND GRAVEY AND BISCUITS.....man what a bummer..lol

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9257 on: May 10, 2013, 06:01:10 am »
Well it's Friday and seem like you a few minutes ago I was busy at the Classic and here it is a week later and headed back for a fun filled weekend.Got to love it. We have most everything back in shape and plan on a club shoot in the morning for those that didn't get to shoot the course then tear it down and put it up until the next time. Everyone says I need to rest but working on Hides/bows/arrows and knives is rest for me. :) :) So that's my plan. ;) :) Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday.Life is Good. :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #9258 on: May 10, 2013, 08:35:26 am »
Have a good weekend at the farm, Pappy.  It ought to be a restful one compared to the last several.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #9259 on: May 10, 2013, 10:05:44 am »
Pappy, just an update on Sadie's pup that we named Zoey, she is coming along nicely and visited the vet yesterday for her first time, she is healthy and next week will start here vaccinations. She is pretty laid back and doesn't whine, we've heard about three little barks since she's been home, two of which were when our cat didn't want to acknowledge her, she has found the cat to be a form of entertainment(duh). We thank you for allowing us to have a living piece of twin oaks to remind us of you all.

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #9260 on: May 11, 2013, 12:47:35 pm »
That's a fine looking dog VB! 
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #9261 on: May 12, 2013, 12:43:02 am »
Thanks Jeff we're working on getting some sleep here, reminds me of when we brought my son home from the hospital when he was born.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #9262 on: May 12, 2013, 05:34:21 pm »
I came home from the Classic with a boatload of regrets. Most of those regrets that I didn't have time to talk with everyone nerly enough!  I didn't meet anyone there I would not open my house to if they were passing by.  What a great crowd of folks.

But one of the sharpest and worst regrets is not asking for one of them pups.  I handled every last one of 'em at least twice and couldn't think of anything to hold against 'em.  Mama was a champ, and a damn good mama to boot.  Those were some fine pups.  And my favorite breed.  Dog.  Just dog. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mississippidave

« Reply #9263 on: May 12, 2013, 06:25:30 pm »
Wow!  I had the best time at the Classic this year...I mean they're all the best time but seems like they just get better and better.....I think that it's the people, the more years spent building bows, sitting around campfires, and just waggin jaws the more precious the times at the classic become....A+++Thank you to Pappy and the Twin Oaks Crew for putting on an event that is the highlight of my year

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9264 on: May 13, 2013, 06:45:16 am »
Glad she is working out Mark,JW one could have been yours for sure,all you had to do was ask. Dave good seeing you again,curls and all. ;) ;D ;D ;D I had a great weekend,worked on a knife  :o finished up a brain tanned hide,all but final smoke,shot my bow some and run my chin a lot and rested,we got the place back
in shape so now it's back to normal,seemed a little more peaceful after 10 days of lots of folks and lots of fun. Here are a few pictures of the weekend.Hope yall had a good restful Mothers day weekend also. ;) :) Got most of the gifts hung up in appropriate places that Joe and Hawk gifted me,they look great,thanks Joe/Hawk. Sally is also fitting right in,if I can just keep her from getting ran over till she learn better. ;) :)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9265 on: May 13, 2013, 06:48:58 am »
Me working up more Turkey feathers,my buddy call Sunday and said he had 25 more sets of wings I need to get and work up this week.Jon giving Randy a string making lesson. Me cleaning more pitch,with mine and the stuff we cleaned for Charlie I should never need anymore. :o ???
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9266 on: May 13, 2013, 06:53:21 am »
Jon's new cain arrows. Me and Sally just kicked back and relaxing. Chuck working on some knife scales.Michael shows up to hang out a while.Jon showing Chuck the fine art of feather grinding. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9267 on: May 13, 2013, 06:58:56 am »
Me gluing up some knife scales on a blade Miss Joanie got for me at the Classic,very good steel. Brain tanned hide soft/dry and ready for the final smoke.
Mike showed up Saturday to hang out and do some shooting. Sadie's pup from last year,man that thing is big,it is like an oversized Sadie. Chuck still grinding feathers. ;) :) He must have done a hundred Saturday. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9268 on: May 13, 2013, 07:05:56 am »
Brian and Hunter planing a strategy for the last day for Turkey hunting. Jon spineing some Cain arrows. My scales all glued up and shaped.Then I dipped it in coke for an Hour the bring out the look of the damasks blade,turned out very cool,yall know how I love knives. :o ;) :) Josh showed up and got the tips on his Yew bow and also working on a knife stand.he is always into something.
   Pappy
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:26:49 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9269 on: May 13, 2013, 07:12:48 am »
Art makes it down for the day,always good to visit with him. :) :) MI. flag hung that Rocky and the MI. boys gave me. Makes them feel more at home while they are there. ;) :) :) :)  Lunch,deer brats,yum. :) My knife after it came out of the Coke soak. :) Josh's Yew on the Tiller stick ,also Cody ,Mike's son helped me get the Jon stone napping displays sorted out and hung in the napping pit.looks really good there. :) :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:27:28 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good