Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4834778 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #9240 on: May 08, 2013, 09:30:39 am »
The thunder chert napp off,lot of fun and talent. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9241 on: May 08, 2013, 09:34:19 am »
Judging was tough but the winner for 2013 16th Classic was John[Iowabow]
Congrats.  ;) :) :) :) I think he was happy. He must be use to napping junk. ??? :-\ ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9242 on: May 08, 2013, 09:39:30 am »
I get a lot of strange request every year but this was a first for me,wedding at TwinOaks, So we made it happen,congrats to the newly weds. :) Will and Cody,some of the young guns. ;) :) The awards and thing wind down and folks are pulling out. :(
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9243 on: May 08, 2013, 09:48:00 am »
Some of the last to pull out,Gun doc and his big rig,Sadie and Sally and me.Gave all the pups away and I think Sadie was glad it was over,now she can get out and roam again,for me ,I'm not so sure.Very tired but well worth the effort and already can't wait till next year. My map,again folks from all over this great country and world ,very cool. :) :)Hope all enjoyed it as much as I did. :) Again many thanks
for all that make this possible,I may be a little bias but can't think of anywhere with a better bunch of folks that gather.  ;) :) :) :) Life is Good /so good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #9244 on: May 08, 2013, 10:05:40 am »
Thanks for the pics Pappy!
I enjoyed every minute I was there and can't wait till next year.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Parnell

« Reply #9245 on: May 08, 2013, 11:20:12 am »
Great pictures, great memories, great people.  Hope to see some pictures of those pups as they are older, and Pappy, I sure am glad that you didn't have to drown them in the creek. ;) ;D  It was my favorite classic so far.  Thanks again to all that put so much effort into the event.  I always leave wishing I lived closer.

Stephen
1’—>1’

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #9246 on: May 08, 2013, 11:38:37 am »
Pappy:  The pictures are wonderful.  Spent the morning looking at them with Eloise.  I told everyone I am old and looking at the pictures I am certain that is true.  Hawk is still on his way home and should get there sometime this morning.  Going from a place with all those like minded people to the isolation of our place is like night and day.  Our country is starting to get green and a hint of buds on the trees.  There were elk on the hill sides on both sides of us this morning and deer in the yard. No words can describe how the Classic can revitalize an old man's heart so just know you and all the folks at the farm have made an old Indian happy!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

blackhawk

« Reply #9247 on: May 08, 2013, 12:31:14 pm »
 ;D  ;D   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D.....thanks pappy n twin oaks crew  ;)

Offline hatcha

« Reply #9248 on: May 08, 2013, 01:21:47 pm »
Wonderful :)

Is it always the first weekend in May that The Classic is held over?

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #9249 on: May 08, 2013, 02:44:09 pm »
Thankya Twin Oaks crew! Had a blast, wish we dint hafta leave early... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #9250 on: May 08, 2013, 02:49:42 pm »
Brian, sorry you had to leave early with every thing wet.  It was nice to meet you guys, only wished we could have chatted more.  See you next year maybe.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #9251 on: May 08, 2013, 06:11:22 pm »
Thank you Pappy, Miss Joanie and the Twin Oaks Crew for a great vacation week at the farm.  My family sure enjoyed it; Miss Heather shed another tear as we pulled out of the drive.  We will be there next year, come hell or high water.  (No pun intended...)  :laugh: :laugh: ;D ;D ;)

Matt
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #9252 on: May 08, 2013, 07:20:58 pm »
It sure was a great time with ya'll!!! Love Twin Oaks , Mark and Joanie!!! I posted about 125 pics on gon.com plus the video of the wedding....now if Jake Allen will just attach for me ya'll can see a few from my perspective!!!! ;)  The video is on youtube as the 1st wedding at Twin oaks under tngranny2b....hopefully he can get it up for ya'll to attend!!!!   Love you ALL!!!!   Tomi Varnell   :) :) :)

Offline seabass

« Reply #9253 on: May 08, 2013, 09:07:48 pm »
thank you Pappy and all the fellas at twin oaks.i had a great time and loved every minute of it.see you in march if not sooner.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #9254 on: May 08, 2013, 10:49:58 pm »
Iowabow (master knapper of the rare white crapite stone), Isaac, and I rolled out Sunday morning about 11:00.  My heart was awfully darn heavy.  The only thing that has lifted it when I got home today was having to gut rats/mice, scrape bird poop, and get back to work with the birds of prey.  I don't think they noticed I was gone (Thanks Maggie for carrying all the heavy work yet again while I go play.  You are a best friend, no doubt.)

As I left Iowabow's place Monday morning I shoved Will Harrison's cd in the player and it only came out to replace it with his e.p. cd. 

To Pappy and the rest of that incredible league of veritable heroes and gentlemen known as the Twin Oaks Archery Club, my most heartfelt gratitude.  One would never know I was a Northerner by the way I was treated. 

To everyone I met, I wish we had been able to spend more time together.  Thank you.   

Long ago I said Twin Oaks was my favorite place I had never been.  I can't say that anymore.  Now it's just my favorite place. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.