Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4826527 times)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: Life is good
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2007, 08:23:34 am »
Well, since none of those "good" shots were mine supposedly... ;D , I did a lot of shooting yesterday. Helped work out some of the stiffness from being involved in all that wood cutting! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2007, 08:26:40 am »
Pappy  could you give a bit more info and pics on those nock jigs? I have a brother-in-law thats a machinist
perhaps I can have some made.

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2007, 09:55:56 am »
Ya DanaM,I will get some close ups and some demitions of them and get them up this week.
They work good.They have a hole in one side you drill then rotate the shaft and the hole you drilled to the slot and put a pin in it ,then you just split them down on both sides of the slot and pull out the plug.Then you dress it up a little and they are always center.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2007, 10:10:56 am »
I don't know why you guys are so tired. ??? You used a log splitter.  ;D     That plie woul last me a winter...bet there won't be much left after the classic.
  An old friend told many years ago that you have to have a girl warming fire or you won't have any girls around.  OK girls, come on down!!!  ;)   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2007, 10:58:56 am »
Thanks Pappy.

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2007, 04:40:27 pm »
Ok! Dumb question but how does the Classic work? Also, are all the pictures we have been seeing prep. for the Classic? And, last but not least What is the Classic, Who is doing it? Where is it? and When is it?

Hmmm! I think I got all the interogatives in there Who, What, Where, Why and When?  ;D

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2007, 10:55:53 pm »
David, look under "Primitive Shoots and Events" and see the thread on the "10th Annual Tn. Classic".

Basically the Classic is a primitive archery shoot hosted by the Twin Oaks Archery Club of Clarksville, Tn. Clarksville is located northwest of Nashville near the Kentucky border in Montgomery County. The club is located on Pappy's farm and is mostly comprised of traditional hunters. This shoot is May 4th, 5th, and 6th, and we're expecting several of the PA forum members to attend. One event offered during the Classic is the "Self Bow Challenge", which is basically people making bows during the weekend and then shooting the course against others that have also made bows during the weekend. We offer roughed in bows of hickory, will also be osage roughed in bows available, and we have a lot of the equipment/tools/work benches,tillering trees, etc. to work on bows. If someone wanted to bring their own bow to get in the Challenge, the only stipulation is that no string notches can be cut in the bow yet. Should be only roughed in and can be floor tillered. We've had near 40 people enter the Challenge before. This will be the third year the Challenge as been offered during the Classic.

Yes, a lot of the pictures in this thread are preparations for the Classic. We cut firewood for the camping area this past Saturday. I've been making bow strings, bow stringers, and tillering strings for a couple of weeks now for the Self Bow Challenge. We've got over 30 hickory bows roughed in and hope to get them reflexed and straightened ready to tiller before the Classic. We've also been working on trophies, etc. This is the clubs largest shoot, and we really expect it to be special this year, if for no other reason due to having so many of the folks from this forum attend. We're going to do our best to demonstrate some good ole southern hospitality! ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2007, 12:13:56 am »
You know if I was not on the farthest Northwest part of the contigual Uninted States here in WA I would be there in a Jiffy. I will just have to plan on going some time in the future though. You all look like you are having a lot of fun getting ready for the Classic too! Hearing about the meals being prepared has had my mouth watering in the evennings! Just wish we could get something like that going in the Northwest. We have Knappadonia here on Whidbey Island and its a lot of fun for archery and flintknapping but nothing like what you all are doing down there. Guess we will just have to keep importing people to the area untill we find enough here to spontaneously cause primative archery shoots to break out like a brush fire!

Hmmm! Does being born in Fort Rucker, Alabama make me a Southerner or just an army brat?  ;D 

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2007, 01:06:40 am »
.....David....If y'all wuz born in 'bama y'all are a reb ! ;) ;) ;D ;D..bob

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2007, 06:09:27 am »
Army brat, ;D Just kidding David all are welcome here.We have folks coming from Pa and
Wisconsin and Mic.even South Dakota and Utah,So where are you from?Even one guy coming in from Germany.It took a while to get this to the point this one is at,this is our 10th. year but I was told you build it and they will come, it has steady grown every year and I feel confident this is going to be the biggest. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2007, 06:30:27 am »
Can't help but notice that yer an early riser also Pappy.
hihohiho its off to work I go LOL.

Dana

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2007, 07:17:15 am »
I am at work and been here since 3:00am.I love the early morning.I work 3 till 11 that is am.
I know that is a weird shift but I am the fleet manager. for a fleet of trucks so they get out early.
and so do I.  ;D
   pAPPY
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2007, 11:35:32 pm »
Well, I'm living up here in WA state on an Island called Whidbey in the middle of the Peuget Sound just northwest of Seattle. Look forward to trying to get out there for the Classic some year in the future. Just to much going on with job and stuff now.

Have fun with the Classic! Will be dreaming of the day I can come south and join the session!  ;D ;D ;D

David T.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2007, 08:43:16 am »
Man that is about as far from here as you can get.Maybe someday you can fly into Nashville
and I will pick you up. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2007, 06:49:22 pm »
Thanks Pappy!