Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4723776 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #8985 on: March 15, 2013, 06:22:33 am »
That's great Gary. Bear this is LIFE  :) :) Steve good luck with getting an early start
with Bro Dan involved. ;) ;D ;D I should be there by the time yall are.I am leaving here at about 8 am.I have to go home and pick up some signs Miss Joanie is working on for registration/change for the shoot and a few more supplies and then I will head that way,should be there by 9 or 10. Been there every evening this week till dark getting things in shape so I am ready for some R&R myself. :) :)
I have been getting some good responce so this should be a good/fun event to kick off our year at TwinOaks. The weather is a little ify but I know we have had worse. ;) ;D ;D Any one that way there for the 13th Classic can attest to that. ;)
Hope yall have a good one, see ya Monday. :) Life is Good. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #8986 on: March 15, 2013, 06:49:06 am »
Hope ya'll have a great weekend. I got the t-shirt from to prove I survived the "13th Classic".  :) So, a little rain shouldn't slow you guys down too much.
                                                                                                              David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8987 on: March 18, 2013, 06:43:48 am »
Another great weekend,the shoot went well,not a huge turn out,130 or so but got the ice broke for the year.Lots of Trad/Primitive folks,we may of even out numbered the wheel folks.12 in selfbow alone which is great for an open shoot.
Beautiful Saturday ,Sunday cold and a little wet but overall it was good weather,sure could have been a lot worse. Had some fun in the shop and around the fire as we always do.Hope yall had a good one also.Here are some pictures of the fun. :) First a Black walnut stave I am starting on. My girl Sadie has gotten herself in trouble AGAIN. ;) ;D ;D Miss Joanie ant real happy with me on this one. >:( ;) ;) My trade bow ready to start tillering. Bear/Steve[seabass] and Brother Dan showed up Friday evening,great to see them. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8988 on: March 18, 2013, 07:07:54 am »
Bear brought his Osage bow he started at the Classic last year to get it sealed up,
he must have not been in any hurry. ;) ;D ;D Steve brought out his new Yew bow he coned Keenan out of. ;) ;D ;D Beautiful bow and shoots nice. Jon working on
another knife handle and me heat treating Chuck's Hackberry molly. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8989 on: March 18, 2013, 07:12:21 am »
Lots of visting and shooting the bull as folks rolled in. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8990 on: March 18, 2013, 07:16:24 am »
Dan's new knife finished.Beautiful,Sassafras root.  :) Me trying out Kennan's bow. :) GregB and Linda showed up with some great news,getting married this coming Sunday.Got to love that. ;) ;D ;D ;D I am so happy for them. :) Sweet Pee and Dad . Terry and Gary[2feathers]. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8991 on: March 18, 2013, 07:20:28 am »
Chuck chasing a tight Osage ring,he is really good at that. :) Some picking and fun around the fire.Then Saturday morning,the event has started. Lot of kids showed up,love it. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8992 on: March 18, 2013, 07:26:07 am »
Jon's knife display.  :) nice stuff. GregB giving some advice on knife handles. :)
Shannon[flintwalker] showed up with a couple of staves to work on over the weekend. :) He stayed busy but not sure how far along he got on these. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8993 on: March 18, 2013, 07:36:47 am »
GregB working on Hickory for the Classic and Jon working on strings.Sweet Pee and me got kitchen duty. :( ;) Mike Scott and Mike Concal showed up to shoot,very good to see them again. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8994 on: March 18, 2013, 07:42:06 am »
Some visting and the Old and the young,We got a very good mix of that in the Club. :) :) Some napping going on. GregB's trade bow ready for the finish work. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8995 on: March 18, 2013, 07:46:32 am »
More Hickory work. Will's head for the day.Very nice work. Gary doing some napping in between arrow work. Then some picking and grinning Saturday night. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8996 on: March 18, 2013, 07:51:33 am »
BigA /Kevin and Doug finely get a chance to get out on the Range Sunday before the rain.Michale and his sweet daughter both take 2nd in there Classe's. She was prettyhappy about that. That's it for this week. :)More to come I hope. ;) ;D ;D
Life is Good. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #8997 on: March 18, 2013, 08:26:52 am »
Greg B,

That is awesome news regarding your impending nuptuals!  You are a good man and deserve the very best. 

Best Wishes,

Glenn

blackhawk

« Reply #8998 on: March 18, 2013, 08:55:23 am »
Nooooo pappy...not black walnut...that stuff is my nemesis wood... ;D

And look at the tall strong singing oak towering over the midget... >:D....and did Shannon shrink?  :laugh:.....lol...sorry Steve...can't help myself...looks like yins had a good b day down there  :D

Congrats Greg :)

Offline cracker

« Reply #8999 on: March 18, 2013, 09:13:34 am »
Hi everybody good to see every body BroDan got some fine lookin whiskers going on I been putting of the beard thing guess it's time to get going on that. Looks like you guys got it going on as usual.
Life is good. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?