Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4723777 times)

Offline BearG

Re: Life is good
« Reply #8970 on: March 11, 2013, 09:36:26 am »
Everything looks great, can't wait until this weekend.  Pappy the wood pile is looking kinda small, may need to do some clear cutting. You know gotta keep Chuck supplied. >:D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #8971 on: March 11, 2013, 10:08:44 am »
Pappy:  Sure do appreciate the pictures.  Like seeing the things you do and make and the faces of some of the Twin Oaks gang.  Would like to see a side picture of the spear you fellows made for Jessie!  He must be as good a fisherman as he is a knapper!  There has been a lot of big talk from Hawk Huston about us pulling his trailer to the Classic this year!  Just hope it works out.  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8972 on: March 11, 2013, 10:10:25 am »
 That would be great Joe,I will see if Will can get a picture before he sends it out. :) I didn't get a good picture of the wood pile after this weekend Bear,it is 8 rows deep,I would guess 20 to 25 ricks of wood there,that should keep Burn um up Chuck going for a week or 2 ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #8973 on: March 11, 2013, 12:46:55 pm »
Wow! I have got to pop in here more often. Looks like things are hapening at Twin Oaks!

Is the Classic comming up again? Wow! Time is flying!!!

Going to start building bows again.  My wife moved up here from CA and we are getting settled in. Looking into buying a house soon. Uhm! Does this mean I've been domesticated?!?! :-)

Keep the good times rolling there at Twin Oaks. I will be joining you at the Classic again when time and money come together again!

- Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #8974 on: March 11, 2013, 01:48:41 pm »
Man, you guys get a lot work and a lot of playing done over a weekend.

Pappy, I'd be interested in trading you out of a few hickory staves at the Classic.   My stave stash is void of hickory at the moment.  Kind of makes me feel naked.   :)  And, I friend wants me to attempt a paddle bow for him.  I was thinking I might try hickory for that project.
Dave
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8975 on: March 12, 2013, 06:38:36 am »
We can work someting out I am sure Dave. :) Tiller it is great to hear from you,
love to have you back when you get the chance. Hope married life is treating you well,sounds like yall got it together to me. ;) :)Went down to do a little work on Plan B  ;) ;D last evening and while I was there I checked on the new ice maker,
man if it keeps it up we will have plenty of ice. :) Kevin got the grass cut and the drive and camp ground smoothed out so we are ready for the weekend event,I hope.  :-\ :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline seabass

« Reply #8976 on: March 12, 2013, 05:41:42 pm »
Pappy,you know that you can put me to work when i get there.we should be there friday.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8977 on: March 13, 2013, 10:24:47 am »
Hope we are all done by then Steve,but if not I know I can count on you. ;) :)When are yall leaving headed this way ?
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #8978 on: March 13, 2013, 08:23:17 pm »
Mark, we're meeting at Bear's house at 6am Friday morning our time, should be there between 10 and 11 you time. Can't wait.   BDan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8979 on: March 14, 2013, 06:21:31 am »
Cool,I may not be there till noon or so but Bear knows where the key is so come on down and make yourself at home,you can even get my fire going. ;) :) Looking forward to seeing yall. I think most of the work is done,Miss Joanie and I stocked the Kitchen and cooler last night so we got food at least. See yall Friday. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #8980 on: March 14, 2013, 11:42:48 am »
I've been sick as heck all week and had two guyes put in their two weeks notice. So I need a little R&R from life.
See you tomorrow.

Offline seabass

« Reply #8981 on: March 14, 2013, 11:52:15 am »
i am getting my stuff packed up today for the trip.i gonna drop it all off tonight at Bears place so i don't have to do it in the morning.i like to get an early start.see you guys soon.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Two Feathers

• Happiness is a crooked bow and straight arrow.
    • White Pillars Estate
« Reply #8982 on: March 14, 2013, 12:53:13 pm »
Packing up the car today and leaving tomorrow in the afternoon after tending to the farm critters. Hope to be there between 2:00 and 4:00 pm.  Got to finish some fencing in the morning or I would come in earlier. Sounds like it will be an exciting weekend.

Gary
Gary Forrester
"Two Feathers"
Spring Valley, OH

Offline BearG

« Reply #8983 on: March 14, 2013, 02:10:54 pm »
It well be good to see you again Gary.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #8984 on: March 14, 2013, 10:27:23 pm »
Gate should be open.  I'll be there between 9-10am.  I have to leave Sunday around 2 in the afternoon or so tho.   :-\
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee