Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4720620 times)

Offline TNArcher1969

Re: Life is good
« Reply #8895 on: February 25, 2013, 12:44:39 pm »
Glad it went well. WISH I could have been there to help.  :-[ ... work comes first i guess... not by choice though.. take care and hope to get to the Oaks this weekend.
"Stay Calm, Pick a spot, Shoot Straight"

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #8896 on: February 25, 2013, 02:19:45 pm »
Good on the Twin Oaks boys & girls for puttin' on such a meaningful event.  Most of them scouts will keep them bows forever, even hand them down to their children.  Would have loved to have been there!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline BearG

« Reply #8897 on: February 25, 2013, 04:12:28 pm »
Wish you could have been there Matt
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #8898 on: February 25, 2013, 04:49:29 pm »
I remember at the Classic a couple of years ago there was a girl that made the best bow!  Are there going to be scouts at the Classic this year?  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline chamookman

« Reply #8899 on: February 25, 2013, 05:17:11 pm »
My hats off to all involved at Twin Oaks - GREAT club ! Those Scouts will remember that outing forever. Man - I love these Monday "Life is good" posts. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Otis

« Reply #8900 on: February 25, 2013, 06:23:32 pm »
Good job men! Like Pappy said "The smiles say it all."  I've only got 5 more weeks from this Friday til I get down there. I can't wait. It's a lonnnnggg time from
Nov. til Turkey season. Looking at this thread helps, but it aint the same as being there.
                                                                                                    David

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #8901 on: February 25, 2013, 06:52:41 pm »
No scouts at the Classic this year Joe.  We done em early.   :D
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline seabass

« Reply #8902 on: February 25, 2013, 07:26:47 pm »
looks like fun was had by all.won't be long before this midget gets to come down.better get your short jokes prepared fellas.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #8903 on: February 26, 2013, 02:34:51 am »
Good job with the scouts guys!
Hey pappy I can't help but notice how strait the hides are in the rack now days :)
Someone please get Josh a hat lol :)
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8904 on: February 26, 2013, 06:05:25 am »
Ya Jesse I am getting a little better at that,trying to remember all you taught me is sometimes hard and I get in a hurry but most time get them straight and tight.
Got 3 on the rack now and 2 more to do,then a bunch to tan,at least 12,maybe more,just can't seem to find the time I need.[WORK STINKS] Right on the hat  ;) >:D Hope you and Abby are doing good. Looking forward to seeing yall again, sooner the better. ;) :) :)Thanks guys it was fun for us also. :)   
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8905 on: February 28, 2013, 07:19:12 am »
Can't wait till Friday,been getting a little done around the shop this week and big plans for the weekend.We all know how that goes. :o  Will was down yesterday laying out his trade bow,if it works out someone will be very happy, ;)it's been a little wet for me to tiller my Persimmon bow so I worked on the grip/shelf and tips yesterday. :)Also scrapped on some hides and built Miss Joanie another blue bird house out of the hollow Sassafras trunk we cut a few weeks back, man I am getting some brownie points with the houses, got to love a woman that a bird house makes her happy. :) :)Lucky guy I am. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #8906 on: February 28, 2013, 08:33:20 am »
I have to agree Pappy !
You have a real special gal !
Take care !
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #8907 on: February 28, 2013, 09:00:44 am »
Good on ya, Pappy!  With all the time we spend on our passion, its good to take time to take care of the women who support and take care of us.  Miss Joanie is a top notch lady and very deservant.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8908 on: March 01, 2013, 06:21:03 am »
FRIDAY,YES. Can't wait to get to the farm,got lots of plans,not sure witch one I will get on but feel sure I will get into something.We have a club shoot in the morning
so if the weather holds that should be fun,who knows I might even take the Persimmon bow for a test drive,got it to 44@23 right now so I may have it ready by then. We also got a new ice machine and need to get it in place and checked out,we will need it come Classic time. ;) ;) Hope yall have a good one .See ya Monday.
Life is Good. :) ;) ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #8909 on: March 01, 2013, 11:29:44 am »
Man ya'll get a ice machine I won't need to leave the hollow. ;D
Well it's my birthday and Miss Dawn is wanting to take me to dinner and then go to the HOG (Harley Owners Group) social with me. Saturday one of my co-workers is getting married so I guess it will be a fun weekend, nothing like last week though. 14 more days and I'll be back down so thats good.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.