Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4720375 times)

Offline GlennM

Re: Life is good
« Reply #8490 on: November 16, 2012, 10:00:54 am »
Get well Big A.  Take the PT slow and dont push too soon to allow joints to heal properly. 

Our archery season in NY ends at sundown.  Davey shot a 5 ptr and John Swain shot 2 does.  Havent heard anything from Chuckie.  My daughter got a shot at a small doe on Saturday and missed just in front.  She turned areound right after and said, "that was AWSOME!"  I think she is hooked.  Gun season begins tomorrow and everything changes.  It runs until December 11. 

GM

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #8491 on: November 18, 2012, 08:44:25 pm »
I took a few pictures this weekend to share with you all.  Pappy will post more I’m sure tomorrow,

Life was good this weekend.

John

Pappy cooking

Without the deer.

With the deer meat!

Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #8492 on: November 18, 2012, 08:46:11 pm »
Will bending my new bow he’s making for me.  (By the way Will your arrows are on your tool box in the shop)

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #8493 on: November 18, 2012, 08:49:41 pm »
Building a few new knives from the disk Pappy bush hogged up years ago in the bottom on his place.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #8494 on: November 18, 2012, 08:51:45 pm »
Eddie I got your bag and will try to ship it this week. 

The top picture of my blade blanks shows a knife I finished made of the same steel.  I like Osage handles.   :)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8495 on: November 18, 2012, 08:58:13 pm »
Thanks, Jon, and the wife says thank you, too ;D. Something about washing too many loads of clothes ??? I've got you some knife scales picked out.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8496 on: November 19, 2012, 05:57:00 am »
It was a great weekend,some hunting but mostly just hanging out shooting bow work and some knife making going on. Had another friend come visit,Chuck just moved about 10 miles from the cabin from Washington State,I think he likes it here and seems to fit right in. :) Here are a few pictures of the weekend.Hope yall had a good one also. :) First supper for Friday night,You guessed it,venison stew.Yum. :) Then a knife and sheath Jon made for my son Beau and a blade I have been working on.The fire annealing worked great. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8497 on: November 19, 2012, 06:03:51 am »
Some arrows Jon made for Will,pretty nice cain. Me vinegar dipping a blade I am working on to bring out some color and also a demarcate blade Eddie gave me,it should be a cool knife.  :) Jon shooting in his new Osage made by Will in some kind of trade. :o ??? :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8498 on: November 19, 2012, 06:08:59 am »
Me doing some shooting With Jon's new bow,shoots real nice. Jon making a new string for his bow. Will putting some what he calls Shannonest tips on Jon's bow. ;) ;D ;D Jimmy and me enjoying the fire and some picking Friday night. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8499 on: November 19, 2012, 06:13:42 am »
Getting ready for the meeting Saturday,Old timers show up and Sweet pea and Dad. Chuck shows for a look around the place,says it looks just like he thought it would. ;) ;D Will Skinning Jon's bow. Josh showed up for some knife work.Good to see him it has been a while. Jon ready for the evening hunt,not sure what he is hunting tho. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8500 on: November 19, 2012, 06:33:45 am »
Some Yew I traded for,mighty fine looking wood.  :)Will starting to work on another Osage,I think for GregB. ;) :) Some time around the fire and Chuck spoiling Sadie,everyone has been so good to her after her loosing he best friend Hannah,she has been acting really strange but seems to be getting better. Skins on Jon's new bow,they really turned out nice.Good job Will. That's it for this week,this will be a short one for me.off Thursday and Friday.Can't wait. :)
 Happy Thanksgiving everyone, Life is Good.
   Pappy
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 06:38:42 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #8501 on: November 19, 2012, 07:15:05 am »
Looks like another great weekend there Pappy.  Please tell all the folks there at Twin Oaks that I wished them a very Happy Thanksgiving and Holidays.  Hope you all have another great weekend down there.  Sure wished I could be there.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8502 on: November 19, 2012, 08:44:31 am »
Looks like more good times.That Damascus blade is looking good and ought to make a sharp knife. Y'all have a happy Thanksgiving and good hunting. I'm going dove shooting :).
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline seabass

« Reply #8503 on: November 19, 2012, 05:14:44 pm »
ya'll have a wonderful thanksgiving and happy holidays.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #8504 on: November 19, 2012, 08:43:47 pm »
I love the knives that Jon is making!!! cool to see it from the beginning like that. Course I'm a knife nut I guess!!!LOL!!!   Hope Anthony has a total recovery!!!!  Please hug your bride for me and have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!even tho it's bittersweet for you.....you have many years of loving memories to think back on. And with Joanie and Beau and his Missus at the table....you are Blessed!!! :) love you!!!
Tomi