Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4725301 times)

Offline Parnell

Re: Life is good
« Reply #8475 on: November 12, 2012, 03:43:01 pm »
Of all the posts I've read over the last four years, this one makes me reflect the most. 
With everything you've had on your shoulders, thank you for remembering the Hickory stave.  The Seagrape looks like a darn good first brace, I hope the bow works out for you all and it comes in with good weight.  Certainly, it doesn't take a ton of time to put the bow together.  The photos of you and Hannah make my heart break.  The dogs have such a special place in my heart.
I'm gonna pray for the clouds to start to get chased away now.

Stephen
1’—>1’

Offline Otis

« Reply #8476 on: November 12, 2012, 07:19:49 pm »
Thank you for a great week Pappy. Even though we didn't get a deer, it's always a great time. We ate good, laughed hard, and shed a tear or two. I'm glad to have such good friends that share their place, knowledge, and time with this yankee. I left
Saturday and started counting down til I get to come down again.
                                                                                        David

Offline TRACY

« Reply #8477 on: November 12, 2012, 09:14:30 pm »
Lots of great pics and happenings! I never realized just how much i anticipate this post every Monday morning to see how much fun you all had. Man, I'm just all choked up with you and Hannah, been there and it sucks. Glad to see you got some time to surround yourself with good friends and good times.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #8478 on: November 12, 2012, 10:07:15 pm »
Wish I'd made it back to say so long to Eddie, Chris, and Dave.  Wife had a baby shower and I had to watch the kids.  It's not often I miss a weekend at Twin Oaks With Pappy.  This weekend I'll try to finish up the tiller on the Sea Grape bow.  It's such a light wood I'm amazed.  It weighs about half what an Osage weighs, but so far it seems to be going good.  I should get at least 45-50 lbs at my 26 inch draw.  I finished up 6 knives the past week or so.  Just have to get some leather to make sheaths.  All the leather my friend Joe sent me has been used.  :)   I am working on a dozen arrows for Will.  I spent the past 4-5 days working on those cane shafts.  I did the feathers today.  Tomorrow I'll fletch em up.  Should be ready for him this weekend. 

I did not get to spend the whole week with Pappy but I was in and out most every day.  Broke my heart with the loss of Hanna.  Not everyone get's a special dog like that to share one's life with.  She's gonna be missed. 

Weather is turning cold so maybe I'll end my luck this weekend and finally get me a deer with a traditional kill. 

Life's been rough lately but it remains good. 
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8479 on: November 13, 2012, 05:59:22 am »
See ya this weekend Jon,hope the staves made it home OK Parnell.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #8480 on: November 13, 2012, 08:41:42 am »
Pappy
It is so good to have you back to posting pics for us to enjoy !!!!
Glad to see yall having a good time !!
Take care !
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #8481 on: November 13, 2012, 09:30:16 am »
Hannah gave and received a lot of love in her life. She became friends with a lot of people who were able to enjoy her good nature. I'll always remember she and Sadie chasing after the kabota, they both loved to go for a run. I'll also remember the respectful way she would sit and watch you eat, hoping you would share with her. I'll miss her...
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline GlennM

« Reply #8482 on: November 13, 2012, 03:27:34 pm »
I also look forward to the happenings at Twin Oaks each Monday.  Makes me feel closer to friends I can only see a few times a year.  Losing anyone you love is difficult, but dogs hold a special place in a man's heart.  After I lost our first shorthair, I could swear a could hear his collar jingle when it was real quiet.  I half expected to see him loping areound the corner of he house.  I'll hunt with him again someday.

Glenn   

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8483 on: November 13, 2012, 07:52:04 pm »
Jon;  Sorry I missed you when we left, but I'll be back  ;D. I really appreciate you sending my clothes. The way we were packed I don't know where we would have put them, anyway.

Pappy; the staves made it to my house  ::) :) Thanks again, Buddy I can't wait to get back. I might be heading to Chris' again, Thanksgiving. We couldn't buy a deer when we were there.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8484 on: November 14, 2012, 05:42:46 am »
Welcome back anytime Eddie,glad yall got home safe. :) Glenn see ya in a month. :) Nice memories Greg,thanks for the reminder. :) :) Makes me smile.
Back to work for now but Friday will be here before you know it and as usual
I can't wait. Went out hunting yesterday,beautiful day but only seen one deer and it was moving fast,the rut seems to have slowed.All the scrapes are covered and don't seem to be a lot going on, should open back up for a short time around Thanksgiving,looking forward to that. :) Got stuff that I need to do in the shop anyway and the freezer is about full ,so no worries. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #8485 on: November 15, 2012, 04:23:03 pm »
So sorry for the loss of Hanna, she was for certain a fine companion and friend.  I too am glad to see the pic of Linda and GregB!!!! that's good! ANd even better was the pics of Art!!! He looks mighty fine!!! Heavens, ain't gonna be any deer left in TN!!!! whew what a cooler full!!
I got a little 90# doe last Sunday (with my rifle...yes I cheated but wanted the meat in the freezer- now will go back to my bow! ;D )
Anyway as fall turns into winter soon, so goes our lives. Soon enough the tiny green leaves will begin to come out and spring will be here before you know it. And you'll always have your memories..... :)

Tomi   :D

« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 04:29:29 pm by cheapshot »

Offline seabass

« Reply #8486 on: November 15, 2012, 09:51:14 pm »
good job Tomi.that ain't cheatin,that's eatin.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8487 on: November 16, 2012, 06:24:07 am »
Nice Job Tomi, beautiful doe and thanks for the words of wisdom as usual. :) You have a way with words I really like. :) :) Friday and couldn't have came to soon,
I am headed to the cabin and try and do a little hunting,the deer are really moving and tough to get a shot right now but who know could be a couple of dumb one left out there that just might stumble under my stand.I also have some knife work to do and hope to put the final tweaking on the tiller on my new Osage.
I think Jon is coming down and we have a meeting Saturday for the club so I will get to see a bunch of my friends that I haven't seen in a while,that will be good.
Big A came through his double knee surgery OK and is now in rehab,  :-\ Hope to see him Sunday. Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday.Life is Good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #8488 on: November 16, 2012, 06:53:30 am »
Have a great weekend Pappy.  And when you dig into that crock pot of food you always have, put an extra spoon full on your plate and have it for me ;) ;)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8489 on: November 16, 2012, 09:54:09 am »
Good luck this weekend guys and Glad that Anthony's surgery came out okay. Muzzle loading starts in my area this Saturday and it's getting cold this weekend here, too.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?