Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4728812 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #8385 on: October 16, 2012, 06:00:23 am »
Thanks guys. Now her white blood count in down to almost nothing,it's like a roller coaster ride. They just keep adjusting her treatment and can't seem to get it right. :) I appreciate you thought and prayers it means a lot to me.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #8386 on: October 16, 2012, 09:13:35 am »
Pappy:

I've been off for a coupla weeks.  I've had to do some traveling out of town, for work.  Catching up on the posts, I saw your news. 
Miss Heather, Dylan, Dan and myself send our best wishes.  We are terribly sorry for your sad news and wish you and your family the strength you'll need in these next few days.

Your friend and extended family,

Matt
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8387 on: October 17, 2012, 09:09:13 am »
Thanks Matt I appreciate that. She was a little better yesterday so I spent some time at the cabin fleshing the hide on Beau's buck,large hide [going to make some great brain tan]and grinding him some burger,cooler empty now so time to get back after them deer. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline don't cry wolf

« Reply #8388 on: October 17, 2012, 11:12:42 am »
Sorry to hear all that is goin on Pappy, things aren't so different for me right now and haven't been able to make it up there. Thinkin about everyone and hoping for the best. PS tell Beau thats one good lookin buck...

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #8389 on: October 18, 2012, 04:57:40 pm »
Congrates to Beau on that monster he kilt!!!! That was ALOT of grinding!!! some fine suppers from it to!! I hate that bow busted on Will......I love homemade ice cream!!!! :laugh:

Mark, it is pretty difficult to achieve that "balance" the Drs seek with your Mom. Every day her levels change, which makes her meds/chemo fluctuate as well. The chemo is a deadly poison, and tho they can make very good "guesstamates" (from previous cases) they can't know exactly how your Mom's levels and condition will be, until it's happening. Everything helps them adjust as well as re-diagnose over and over, tweeking it. The bad thing is during the process, with her WBC's almost nil, she's very susceptible to any and all infections going around. And she'll have nothing to fight them with. If they don't have her in reverse isolation already, at least attempt to screen and encourage anyone with a cold/flu/"just feeling poorly" not to come by, maybe just call or slip her a sweet card in the mail. Most folks understand completely this precaution. If you don't wanna handle this....put your sweet bulldog onto it! Miss Joanie will get it done YESTERDAY!!!! And might help Joanie to be busy with it as well. I believe you are doing exactly what you need to do to survive going thru this. Please kiss and hug your Mom for me when next you see her. And know my prayers, thoughts and heart goes with you and the family.

Tomi

p.s. you have my cell number IF AT ANYTIME YOU NEED ME, or Joanie or your Mom or anyone, call me, leave me a message no matter the day/time I will either answer then or get right back to you.   24/7 Mister!  I might can answer something for you, and if I can't I will find it out for you!   love you Mark and Joanie...... :-*

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8390 on: October 19, 2012, 04:35:00 am »
Thanks Tomi,feeling are the same here. :) She had blood test yesterday,wbc way down and also red and platlets down now,they put her in the hospital for blood transfusion,coming home today early we hope,the doc said it wouldn't change anything but would give her a little more spunk for a few days.Joanie went with her yesterday so she could talk to the doc first hand, of course he don't know for sure but still says no hope and just a matter of time. I have a cold so I am staying away the best I can and plan on going on with my normal weekend unless something changes for the worse,I am only a few miles and can be there in a couple of minutes. Couldn't sleep so I am at work and on early.Hope yall have a good weekend.Life is Good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #8391 on: October 19, 2012, 08:31:24 am »
We are all here for you Pappy !!
Don't really have words .
But know we are hurting with you !
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8392 on: October 19, 2012, 08:56:06 am »
The same as Tomi, If you need anything give me a call. I feel for you, Bud.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Parnell

« Reply #8393 on: October 19, 2012, 09:38:53 am »
Eat some good food and keep your strength up Pappy.

Glad to see the Sea Grape going, I've been working on a pyramid flat bow and got slight recurves in both sides, so far so good.  Give me a shout Jon if you want to touch base at all on it.  This is my third run with the stuff, but first that isn't an "eastern woodland" design.

Have a good weekend fellas.  Feel better, Pap.

Stephen
1’—>1’

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #8394 on: October 19, 2012, 11:49:36 am »
The blood will make her feel much better. Doesn't matter if it's temporary, we only have right now anyway! It's a shame you have that cold, but it's wise not to be around her, maybe God's plan.......And the very best thing you can do is stay BUSY!!!!! Heck, build me a bow!!!! haha!!!! I need me a Pappy bow!!!   :laugh:  Life is Good!

Tomi     ;D   

Offline Keenan

« Reply #8395 on: October 20, 2012, 10:54:56 am »
 Hope your weekend brings you some peace. You are all in our thoughts and prayers Pappy. Now get out there and scrape some wood like Tomi said

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8396 on: October 22, 2012, 06:19:53 am »
Had a good weekend, Got mom home Friday,my cold is much better so wasn't afraid to be around her,and you are right Tomi,the blood done wonders,I told he it must have come from a 10 year old.Spent some time at the club Friday evening and Saturday and all day with her yesterday.Good couple of days,if it would only last. :) Got another hide fleshed from Beau's buck and sinew,Got the tips flipped on my Osage and tip over lays on  also got 2 knives finished I have been working on for a while.Will got some work done on his next project[Osage bow] and also some cleaning of leaves and such around the cabin.Good meal Saturday evening from GregB and Kevin and some fun with all my friends.Here are a few pictures of the weekend. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8397 on: October 22, 2012, 06:24:09 am »
Flipping tips and tip overlays on my Osage,I think this is going to be a fine bow.
Putting the finishing touches om a knife I have been working on for a while,got several that need finishing so I guess I better get at it. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8398 on: October 22, 2012, 06:28:14 am »
Little cleaning and burning of leaves at the Cabin,had some good help. A pair of knives i am finishing and Will shooting in his Osage,needs a little tweaking on the top limb but shoots nice. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8399 on: October 22, 2012, 06:32:29 am »
Little picking going on,Beau's rack back for Red,he done a very nice job and quick also. Getting some meat on the smoker for Saturday night. BigA and Will acting a fool headed to the barn for some Osage. ;) ;D ;D Red necks for sure. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good